“Another fast, but good burger joint option”
Review of Five Guys

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Five Guys
Ranked #26 of 230 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Riverside, California
“Another fast, but good burger joint option”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Okay, off the bat you should know that I weighed Five Guys against our go-to fast food burger joint In-N-Out. The burgers here are good, not dry and I enjoyed the grilled onions and mushrooms for no additional charge (even doubled up on lettuce). Both my husband and I got the "little" version which is a single patty. Honestly, it is plenty and the fries could be shared easily between two hungry people. Try the cajun seasoning for the fries -nice, not too spicy, but especially flavorful. Overall, the food was solid and enjoyable and if you are somehow still hungry, help yourself to some free peanuts.

With two sodas, the bill was just shy of $20, higher than an average visit to In-N-Out. Unlike In-N-Out they don't carry shakes- a bummer in the hot, summer weather (although I don't know if they could beat an In-N-Out shake anyway). That said, their customer service was GREAT. The door was opened for us, we were given the whole spiel of how things worked with flourish and a smile and the restaurant was clean, clean, clean. Not sure what it would be like super busy, but I'd say it was 70% full when we were there and staff seemed very friendly and efficient. That aspect alone would encourage me to revisit. I consider it a very reasonable alternative to our dear In-N-Out.

• Visited June 2012

Moreno Valley, California
“Great Burger, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great place with a friendly and helpful staff. They take care to make the burgers. Always smiling and a positive attitude. I love eating here.

Visited June 2012
Moreno Valley, ca
“Not all it is made to be!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

If have gone there twice, and found the food VERY expensive! While a tad better then the In and Out because of the extras, certianly not worth the average $12 - for a burger and fries! Way to many fries for anyone... order one for 2 or 3 and save some. Drinks also way above average, but the newest and most fancy vending machine. Burger was cold, as they lay everything out on a cold table to assemble the burger, and if busy... you get a really cold burger or dog. For the price, go to a nice sit down place. Music was so loud, and when asked to turn it down, they laughed... and went about work...yelling at each other across the grill area.

• Visited April 2012
“Awesome burgers”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was impressed! Better than in n out burger. Great good old greasy off the grill fried burger if u get a chance eat there. I can't find any thing to ding them on and that is rare.

Moreno Valley, California
“In N Out with a flair!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My brother who lives in San Diego raved about this new place he found, 5 Guys. I was so excited when I saw a sign saying they were building one right down the street. When it finally opened we went there. It was 3 weeks after they opened and a weeknight. The place was packed!! It was so loud in there that you couldnt even here the lady taking your order ask you questions. Its not because of the customers talking loud, its the radio!!! Its blaring! We let it be known to the lady that we are new to 5 guys. She says the normal,"We make our burgers fresh and fries made to order." We (my boyfriend and I) ordered a double cheeseburger. He had bacon on his I didnt. We got to pick from the 12 extra condiments, (which werent too impressive) and had the burger made our way. We ordered 1 share of fries, because my brother warned me that they give alot of fries. Which he was correct in saying. Needless to say we got it to go because there was no place to sit with our 2 yr old son and the place was soooo loud! We grabbed some peanuts to go becaue my boyfriend loves peanuts. He said they werent anything special. When we finally got to eat our burger it was good. Tasted alot like In n Outs but of course with the toppings of your choice. The fries were thin cut and cristpy. They had some sort of seasoning salt on them which made them extra delicious! My son had a grilled cheese sandwich, which was nothing more then a bun with cheese between it. Hes 2 so hes not picky and devoured the thing asking for more LOL He hates hamburger so he didnt want to taste mommy or daddys food.
Overall the burger was good, nothing spectacular. The fries were exceptionally good. I would go there just for the fries but nothing else. Would rather go to In n Out for their burgers. 5 Guys is very high priced but I guess that because you "get it your way"!