“Good Indian food in an unlikely location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 221 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
“Good Indian food in an unlikely location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Curry and Kabab is located in a plaza that has been mostly forgotten and has no strong anchor tenant. This seems like an obstacle that would be almost too difficult to overcome.
Good tasting food presented by a competent chef is the primary reason I return to dine here. The dining chairs do not appear to be typical for a restaurant and do not match the atmosphere, but they must have gotten them for a great price.
What I like most about Curry and Kabab is that it is NOT buffet-style Indian food. The attention given to the preparation of each entree makes a big difference.

Cotopaxi, Colorado
“Indian fix on the way to LA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stopped here on our trip to Disneyland. The restaurant is convenient, right off the highway. We had the chicken korma and tandoori shrimp. We also also had the naan. All the food was excellent and tasty. We had enough for leftovers.

Atmosphere is nothing special. Service was very good, our food came out on time and as we ordered it. Value was very good. So, four dots for very good overall.

• Visited June 2012
California
“4.5 stars.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have always enjoyed Curry and Kabab restaurant. My brother introduce me to this restaurant last year and was pleasantly surprised. I've been wanting to bring our mother to sample Indian cuisine for a while now, So last night I figured this would be a safe place to bring a crtical and picky eater. To my relief, she loved it.

The restaurant itself is small but well situated. Clean and comfortable. The servers are absolutely friendly and accommodating. They are Indian but speak Tagalog fluently. My mother was surprised and impressed. The food was outstanding. BOLD flavors all the way. We love the mixed tandoori platter, chicken biryani and samosas. My little boy enjoyed the lamb tandoori, garlic naan, yogurt and basmati rice. At the end of our meal, Jit, I believe his name was, gave my son kulfi ice cream for free which was really good. Yea, I ate some of his ice cream. lol

I would definitely come back here and recommend this place. If you are fond of bold flavored food, this place is definitely for you.

• Visited September 2011
Riverside, California
“Pleasant surprise ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Recently enjoyed a meal here with a coworker and was pleasantly surprised with a nice high quality meal with great service. The food was good, fresh and very reasonably priced. I expect to be back frequently!

Cincinnati, OH
“Pretty good Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Small restaurant. I had the malai kofta and coworker had chicken tikki masala (I think). Both were good. Naan a little greasy. Not a lot of food for the price. Servers kept an eye on things and refilled water frequently. I may go back again the next time I am out here on business. I am going to say Yes on recommending to a friend, but it is more of a maybe.

• Visited June 2011