“Great Mini Vacation”

Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Ayres in Moreno Valley for 4 nights. We were on a mini vacation with our grandson and had a great time. The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms were great...nice and clean!!! Breakfast was such a treat with all the options. When we visit family in Southern Calif this is where we will stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Donna -

It was such a treat welcoming you and your grandson to our hotel for four nights. We are always thrilled when a guest leaves our hotel so satisfied with his or her experience. We are excited to have become your choice of hotel in Southern California and look forward to your next visit.

Many thanks,

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was my first time using this particular hotel chain and, to be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect. Sure, the pictures on-line were lovely and the reviews I read were good, but the rate I got was only $70/night for a King Suite. I figured I was getting a fantastic deal or that I'd be sorely disappointed. Well, I'm here to tell you that what I got was not only FANTASTIC, but far superior to any other place I've ever stayed at that rate.

First, the room. It was a simply beautiful King Suite, very well-appointed, with ample room to sit and relax or take care of business (i.e., work on your laptop, etc.). The bed is HUGE and so very comfortable. The room came with a small refrigerator, a microwave and enough counterspace to allow for the preparation of a meal (see photos). The toilet and shower are separated from the vanity by a door that can be locked (handy if there is more than one guest).

A complimentary breakfast is available until 9am and it's much more than just the typical cereal and stale baked goods. While they do have cereal, they also have grits, muesli, and oatmeal to prepare, waffles you can make yourself, a selection of hot items (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage), a selection of yogurts, delicious coffee, juices, tea and hot chocolate. But the BEST part is the made-to-order-omelets section which is "manned" by a very pleasant young woman who has a real talent when it comes to making omelets. I had a spinach & mushroom omelet two mornings in a row because it was so delicious (see photo). At night, magic happens, and the breakfast area becomes a bar! While the drinks are pricey (my vodka tonic was $8), they are tasty and you can take them up to your room. The barkeep was super nice, too.

While there, an urgent medical situation arose with one of my several business guests. I can't say enough about the response, attentiveness and sensitivity of the hotel staff. Special thanks to Chelsea and the manager (I'm so sorry that I don't have your name!) and the front desk staff. They called for an ambulance, stuck around to assist with any request and cleaned up afterwards. They showed concern for my guest and every single one of them followed up with me to see how my guest was doing. In addition, I lost an earring during the frenzy of activity and, later that day, the manager came up to me and handed me the earring. He'd seen it on the floor and stuck it in his pocket so it wouldn't get lost. Nice, huh? I really can't thank them enough or say enough good things about their professionalism, customer service, and just down-right friendliness.

Not only will I now look for this hotel chain whenever I travel, I will recommend it to my company as one that deserves to be on our "recommended" list.

Room Tip: Check out the King Suites. They are like small apartments with all the comforts of home.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Vicki -

Thank you so much for allowing us to introduce you to our hotel chain. We were more than happy to accommodate you and assist in every way possible during this tumultuous event. We absolutely feel it is our duty to help in any way possible when something of this nature occurs but do appreciate your kind words. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our breakfast team as well so they know how much they are appreciated. We are so grateful for your review and hope you will visit us again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ayres in Moreno Valley on business for three weeks and couldn't have been happier with the service. The staff was friendly, the rooms were great and the bed was very comfortable. I looked forward to Taco Tuesday and the breakfast (either pre-made or made to order) each day. For someone that doesn't like being away from the family I would highly recommend the Ayres if you have to.

Room Tip: Personally, I like the first floor so I don't have to mess with the elevator. Besides, all of t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Joceanside -

It was such a pleasure welcoming you for an extended stay recently. We really do want our guests to feel at home, so it is wonderful to know we could be your second home while you were away on business. We appreciate your enthusiastic recommendation and hope your travels bring you to us again very soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

family and i loved the location in the middle of all the stores,(malls) food area ,anything you probably would need, GREAT location, The staff is so friendly and very helpful for all your needs, The hotel was very clean, food was Great , it was a joy to stay there, we will return,

Room Tip: beautiful view from all sides,great place to stay
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We are in the Riverside area about once a month. We have tried most of the top-tier hotels in the area. We have chosen Ayres as our "go to" hotel for every trip now. The facility is modern, well equipped and spotlessly clean. What really makes the difference for us is the staff. Every single person who works there is committed to making our stay wonderful.It seems that half of them know our names now! The food is good, the beds are comfortable, but what makes the difference for us will always be the people!

Room Tip: The corner rooms cost $10 more per night but are definitely worth it! The extra space and great layo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear John -

It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you to our hotel recently. Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay and for making us your choice of hotel in the area. The team here absolutely feels that the guest experience is of utmost importance and are always happy to assist our guests in any way possible, so we are very grateful for your comments. I will be sure to pass them along to the rest of the team so they know how much they are appreciated. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I loved it excellent breakfast. Close to all major store, food , shopping resturants . Very nice all staff.Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssss

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was in town for a 5 night business trip. I am a female and I am always skeptical about trying new hotels. The neighboring Hampton Inn was sold so, I decided to book with Ayres and I'm so glad I did. My room was very clean and comfortable... It was very quiet and restful. The Hot breakfast is so good... and it's complimentary. The staff was very pleasant and greeted me each time I walked through the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa M
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Melissa -

Thank you for taking a chance on an unknown hotel. We appreciate being given the chance to show you that a stay with us can be exceptional. I am so pleased that our guestroom proved comfortable and clean and the service welcoming. We hope we made a lasting impression and that you will consider us the next time you are in the area. Thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreno Valley
0 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Moreno Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moreno Valley
The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown
Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley? Share your experiences!