“A Wonderful Christmas Visit”

Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We typically stay at Hilton properties and this was recommended to us for a Christmas stay by family living in Riverside. There is a Hilton next door & I'm so glad we stayed at the Ayres instead. The atmosphere was perfect from the Christmas tree in the lobby, the Christmas music playing to the warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk in the evening. I can't even being to describe the amazing breakfast each morning with made to order omelets available, waffles, eggs and different meat/potato selections each day. There is not one thing I would complain about room wise either. Every time we walked in the door, staff cheerfully greeted us and seemed to genuinely be interested when asking how our day/evening was. After we left have here we stayed at a Marriot near LAX and couldn't help but compare how inferior it was.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I was amazed at the quality of service. It was super clean and very inviting. The staff was always smiling and friendly. The coffee selection and homemade baked cookies was a real treat. The complimentary cooked breakfast was great. The in room refrigerator and microwave was convenient. I liked how close the hotel was to shopping stores and restaurants. It made our holiday visit easy. I saw many events in the first floor conference rooms. They were decorated beautifully by the staff. The housekeeping kept everything tidy and clean. A $5 tip daily can make their day. The hotels price can't be beat for the quality and service and complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: upper level rooms preferred.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the ayres Moreno valley while on a business trip. I spent about 4 weeks in the hotel and was grateful for my cozy bed each night I retired there. I travel alot for work and this is one of the best hotels I've stayed in especially for the price. Clean large rooms with friendly staff and very well located between a mix of great restaraunts. If I'm every in the area again I know where I'll stay!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Loved the big but cozy lobby, the staff who weren't just courteous but actually happy (always a good sign), excellent hot breakfast included, complimentary pod-coffee in the lobby, brand-new everything with a lot of attention to design & detail, cool artwork, nicely appointed spacious rooms, fridge, micro. Good pool hours for evening swim. All in all quite good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed here for business recently for one night. Have previously stayed here for 5 nights. Hotel has great environment inside and is very clean. The rooms are nice and most everything here is still quite new. Free breakfast and coffee is always a plus. Made to order omelettes are great too. From what I could tell, much of the staff is the same as last year - a sign of a good employer and good employees.

Mo Valley can be a bit seedy but the hotel is in a decent spot. You can walk with reasonable safety to a lot of good places to eat. A short drive opens up eating choices to nearby malls. If you're going to stay in Riverside, don't. Stay here instead and commute over.

My only gripe is that I got a room over the excercise room. I was hearing the treadmill well up to midnight when I finally was tired enough to overcome the noise. I brought it up upon check-out and instead of offering to make it right, I was told, "We'll have to get you a room higher up next time." I'm not sure what I was expecting but perhaps because my stay was on a corporate dime, they weren't overly concerned.

Still. The attitudes of the staff were positive overall.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the second floor. You'll hear everything going on in the public spaces below...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Excellent service, great smiles and great price.
The bar is the best I have visited in a hotel this size ever.

Room Tip: Cigars and Manhattans by the fireplace on the patio is a great way to unwind!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
jasonward, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you so much for the kind review of our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience at our hotel, and the helpful tip about our bar and courtyard.

Jason Ward

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Hotel was very nice, very clean. Great breakfast and bar service. Overall a very nice and convenient place to stay. Bad side. I decided to get a massage, figuring it's a Spa they've got to have a great massage. Not so much. I travel quite a bit and have had many massages. So far two are on my "let's not go back there list", and this is one of the two! The young lady who gave the massage was very friendly, and professional, however, the massage she gave was very poor. She only massaged about 1/3 rd of my body, didn't do any of my face or head at all, and just did not seem as though she really knew what she was doing. I apolgize if she just got out of school and is just learning, but then again she probably should get some more training from her bosses. If however she's been doing , massages for awhile, it might be time to try something else? Anyway, stay at the Hotel, go somewhere else for a massage.

Room Tip: 1. Close the bathroom door at night due to fan noise. 2. Bring your own pillow if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Bernardino
Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown
Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley? Share your experiences!