“Everything the brochure says it is...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Moreno Valley
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a fairly new property, so everything is clean and sharp, with new materials and appliances. The occasion for our stay was a funeral, and the family decided we all would stay here (I don't know who selected this particular hotel). But there were no surprises, everything was predictable in a good way, the breakfast was decent, there's a Costco next door so re-fueling was a cinch, shopping, Portillo's restaurant and a very doable $109.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MovalGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Moreno Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear TabVisalia,

First off I would like to wish your our heartfelt condolences on your loss. Attending a funeral is never easy and we are honored that you and your family decided to stay with us.

We try to maintain the highest level of customer service and cleanliness at our hotel and I am glad it was up to your expectations.

We truly appreciate you staying with us.

Steve Diaz

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Dear SanJoseAppraiser,

Thanks for the kind review! We very much appreciate you choosing our hotel on your recent stay in Moreno Valley. Our employees play a big part in our success at the hotel. You will find then ready help make your stay as pleasant as possible. I appreciate you specifically mentioning the helpfulness you received from Linda and I will definitely pass this on to her.. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Moreno Valley!

Steve Diaz

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at this particular Hampton Inn since we were moving our son back into college at UCR. The front desk and breakfast staff were very friendly, warm and welcoming. The Hampton Inn is very fortunate to have such professional and gracious representatives of the establishment. During our September 2013 stay, all the furnishings both in our room and the lobby were new. The beds were very comfortable, as were the pillows (I am picky about pillows). My only complaint is the heating/cooling unit. I like units which allow only the fan to run independently of the heating/cooling so it drowns out the noise of people in the halls, doors closing etc.. These particular heating/cooling units do not allow that function, and depending upon the temperature you have your room set, the units may kick on at various times of the night. However, this is not a reason to reject this hotel from consideration. Overall, I was very happy with the hotel and amenities, as well as its location near a plethora of shopping choices. I will stay at this hotel again when we are in the area visiting our son at college.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. Relatively new construction. (3 years old)
The lobby decor was very pleasant and very clean.
Location of hotel is adjacent to a mall. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.
The rugs in the hallway to the room was nice.
The curtains were very room darkening...awesome!
I would have given 4 stars, but only gave 3 because of 2 things.
1. My a/c did not regulate well. (Kept cranking and cranking ... stopped quite a few degrees different than I set it at. I'm guessing it was a defect in that particular room.
2. Only 2 washcloths and 2 towels. I travel alone on business for the most part. I use more than 2 washcloths myself in one stay...never mind if my husband was with me.
All in all ... a terrific property ... I would definitely stay again!
:-)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Riverside with my family on September 21, 2013. My sister was accepted to UC Riverside and their move in day was on the following day. We checked into the hotel around 9 pm and were greeted by an employee named Vilma and expected to have a good stay. However that was not the case at all. My sister, her friend and I decided to explore the hotel (being that we were guests at this terrible place, we assumed that we were allowed access to the guest amenities) After grabbing the last few items from our car we decided to check out the 24 hr fitness center. Since we were GUESTS at this hotel we used our KEY to get back inside the hotel through one of the back entrances with the KEY that was assigned to us. We easily entered the building and as we walked towards the gym we overheard the employees Vilma and Jonathan freaking out about how we got into the hotel. Assuming they were talking about someone else I casually walked to the elevator to drop off the rest of the items from the car. I entered the elevator and pressed the button for the fourth floor. Out of nowhere I heard Jonathan yelling to please hold the elevator which I kindly did. He exited on the third floor and I proceeded to the 4th floor as soon as I got off the elevator to my surprise there was Jonathan as if he was waiting for me to get off the elevator to make sure I was guest there or something. Thinking nothing of it I returned to the gym where my sister and her friend were waiting for me. Literally 5 minutes later security rushed into the gym and began interrogating us asking us why were there, how did we get in, if we had a key Why?! Cause we were people of color? Brown people cannot work out? The security officer was very apologetic after we showed him our room key and explained to us that he only came in because the employees on duty VILMA and JONATHAN were in fact profiling us, this was extremely unprofessional and offensive. We did not know that racism was still alive and thriving in this companies policy and will never return to this hotel or any other Hampton inn at that. Stay away! and spend the extra money on an actual friendly and customer service oriented hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank stevenhgomez
OTOdevelopment, Regional Director of Operations at Hampton Inn & Suites Moreno Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

First let me apologize for this situation and ask that you please call the hotel and speak to the General Manager. He can give you a full explanation and has already spoken to the registered guest for the room, which I believe, is your father. Your father had no idea about any of the events that you describe and as you can see this hotel and staff for years has received stellar reviews. In this case, we were trying to determine if you and your party were guests since you were not at the front desk at check in and your names were not provided on the check in records. Once they determined you were affiliated with a registered guest the rest of the stay was fine as I understand.

Again I apologize for this situation on behalf of the team.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

good for the price and time I spent in the room. its close to resturants, mall, and work location. the bacon was great on the one day we had it. needs more days with BACON for breakfast. pool was clean but hot tub was not hot enough for my liking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a great little find...when traveling west,avoid the Palm Springs high prices and and stay at this reasonably priced Hampton. The service is outstanding and the room are very nice....great beds!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Moreno Hotel & Suites
The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Comfort Inn Moreno Valley near March Air Reserve Base
Holiday Inn Express Moreno Valley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Moreno Valley? Share your experiences!