“Delicious! ”
Review of Sushi Fighter

Sushi Fighter
Ranked #15 of 32 Restaurants in Moraga
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Under new managerment and we changed the name to SUSHI FIGHTER.Health,fast,fashion.Come and check us out
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been eating at Sushi Fighter regularly and love it. Quality and fresh fish for a great price. This will continue to be our go-to spot.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

The family we were visiting (including two youngsters) think this place is great. I usually agree with them, but not this time...although my wife likes the place. It's small and very popular, which means tight seating and noisy. They list their fresh fish of the day on a whiteboard and before I could even open the menu the grandkids knew what to order. I give them higher scores than the restaurant.
When the server came to the table my wife and I had several questions. I had to have the answers repeated several times in order to understand them (noise, accent, mumbling?). For example, the sushi and sashimi combo didn't specific which fish on each. The server said it was chef's choice, but didn't know what the choice would be and had to go ask the chef. I was happy with the dish, which was clean, simple and what I would expect.
A wide selection of dishes was ordered, ranging from soups to tempura to a salmon teriyaki bento box for my wife, which came after the rest of us had almost finished our meals. Very disorganized! Don't know if that's the server's fault or the chaos that seemed to prevail in the restaurant. My wife wound up taking most of it home for lunch the next day rather than make us all sit around and watch her eat her late meal.
On the other hand, since no great investment was made in ambiance, prices are reasonable and if you came here often you would have a better idea of what to expect and what to order. For me, however, I felt cramped and had a hard time hearing over the din. I'm sure the grandkids will want to go here again on our next visit, so maybe I'll have a different experience and opinion then.

Reviewed December 15, 2016

It is a small restaurant with Japanese decor. Fish were not appealing, so I ordered assorted tempura. Miso soup was apparently not prepared with "dashi." It was like that several years ago. Salads were okay, but vegetables in the tempura dish has strangely sweet dressing; probably over-sweetened marinade for Korean BBQ. As for tempura, it seems the cook does not know how to prepare oil for tempura; freshness of oil (never use once-cooled oil); oil temperature (apparently too low). The way that the cook prepared batter is much to be desired. Hot tea was ginger taste; not suitable for tea to go with Japanese lunch or dinner. It seems to be run by non-Japanese Asian. If you would like authentic Japanese food, this is not the place.
On the positive side, the server was good.

Reviewed September 17, 2016

This first time visit found us impressed with the number of staff, attentiveness, quality of seafood and in particular, their sashimi. It was fresh, ample in proportion and presented innovatively in a martini glass with an electric ice cube for something different.
The sushi too was fresh, well cut, adequate in size but they could do better with their sushi rice as it crumbled when handled. They have an extensive menu, seasonal specials and reasonable prices. We recommend for any informal occasion where sushi and sashimi add to the experience. We will return to see what else we can discover.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

Food is good, as is service. The all-you-can-eat sushi deal (Sun-Thurs) is limited to a 50 item list (rolls; no straight pieces of fish on rice), which is perfect for non-discriminating volume eaters such as teen aged boys. It has some interesting choices - try the Mango roll for your last one of the meal (it makes nice dessert!).

Not knock-your-socks off sushi, but a solid choice for a family meal.

Been to Sushi Fighter? Share your experiences!