“Hidden gem in Moorpark”

Add it.
asakuma
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Asakuma is a hidden gem in Moorpark.

The food is terrific. They offer a wide range of items so there is something for everyone.

The happy hour specials are great. The staff is friendly and efficient.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

The food was o.k. The service was good.it was WAY over priced! But listening to the owner yelling at our server over and over again made me never want to step foot in there again. It was completely unprofessional to treat your employees like dirt!!! I will never dine here again! And hope that no one else would support a employer that would treat a human with such little respect!!!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Well the family and I had a great dinner here. They have good food and many choices. I would recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

This place is a gem. If you are looking for an upscale restaurant at reasonable prices that serves fantastic Asian cuisine with a great ambiance, this is it.

Surrounded by fountains on the outside, its location is very inviting. Walking in, we were warmly greeted by the hostess and some cheerful hellos from the two sushi chefs. I think it was the owner who showed us to our table.

It is a large restaurant capable of seating many, tastefully decorated, with a sushi and separate alcohol bar. The waiter was very helpful and honest; this is a brand new restaurant and he told us what others had complimented on and what was not a tried item yet.

I had my suspicions about how a restaurant can do Japanese, sushi, and Chinese really well (especially in Ventura County), but this place eliminated any doubts. They have a large kitchen that is well-staffed with chefs specializing in their own cuisines, and the sushi chefs seemed to have been well-trained and were creative with their dishes. I really liked their salmon skin special. We also had shrimp off of their health focused menu, and there was an abundance of large succulent shrimp perfectly cooked over a delicious bed of warm spinach. They got it right.

We also tried some of their sushi rolls and nigiri sushi, plus a bowl of Japanese noodle soup (udon), and they all rated pretty high with us. That says a lot given we are picky eaters.

We will definitely come back when we are in the area. It is tucked away around the corner from Staples and across from Bank of America.