“Not Noisy”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We go there all the time. Good homey cooking with a little something extra. Chef is very good. Love the atmosphere and you can hear each other talk. Portions are good too. Great service.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have aways been a huge fan of the uber-exvcellent coffee(s) and nurturing vibes of the Black Cow---but had never eaten there. Had dinner tonight and it was just great. A menu of casual cookery ranging from chipotle grilled cheese sandwiches to salads to burgers to pasta to...it was hard to make a choice amidst the tasty roster of stuff. Our meal was excellent and the service was relaxed yet spot on.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Finishing up a nice, but chilly, visit to Descanso Gardens, we strolled downtown Montrose, looking for food before a two hour drive home, but dinner places were not open at 4 pm. We "settled" for lunch at the Black Cow, and it was a real treat. I had a grilled chicken, avocado and havarti sandwich on ciabatta and loved every bite of it and the house side salad. Bread was super fresh, chicken freshly grilled and juicy, and just the right amount of cheese.

The atmosphere is cozy and rustic, and the service was very good. My only negative is that I couldn't try the other 8 things on the menu that sounded good!

My boy friend had a latte, and drank it instead of dessert -- their coffee is just the best. They also feature Foshelman ice cream, which is hard to find and, I hear, excellent. Maybe next time, assuming I find myself in Montrose ever again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Came here for lunch with family mid week. The restaurant was crowded but seating was fast for a party of four. Service was great and the food was well prepared with perfect portions for lunch. I particularly liked the old belt driven ceiling fans for air flow in the old brick building.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The two blocks of Honolulu Ave in Montrose give you an excellent variety of places to have a meal. Last night we chose Black Cow for dinner. We were rewarded with a very good meal. Freshly baked bread with herbs was a good start. I ordered Idaho trout. When fish arrived, I gave it a look of displeasure as it was baked with the skin on. Was I wrong! The fish and the skin were amazing, potatoes and fresh salad were a great compliment to the fish. My wife's chicken Marsala was good as well. Service is attentive but not in your face overdone. Overall, good meal at good restaurant.