“Nice hotel for price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Monterey Park
EL DORADO HLS, USA
“Nice hotel for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel was very clean and updated. Not a luxury hotel but the interior of the hotel had recently been worked on. The hotel staff was great and provided a nice environment. The hotel is located right off the 60 (Pomona) freeway and within minutes from downtown (outside of commute hours) Los Angeles.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Richard O.,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our hotel. I understand that people are busy and it is not always easy to take the time to sit down and write a review. Because of that, we take our guests comments and opinions very seriously and use them to help improve our property and operations so we can provide other guests with a great experience. I am pleased your experience with our staff and property was a pleasant one.

I hope that you will consider us again the next time your come to the Los Angeles area. The next time you plan a trip for this area, please feel free to call us directly at 323-877-1988 or e-mail us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com. The Guest Service Agents at the Front Desk will be happy to assist you in making your reservations.

John A. Sindal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Staff is very friendly and pleasant.They went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and were able to respond to all my questions about the area. Room was comfortable and very clean. Close to freeway but very quiet. I would recommend staying at this property

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Mr. or Ms. mrkdog,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad our staff and location was able to make your stay with us enjoyable and relaxing. We strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable as possible and to do that, we need reviews such as yours to give us the perspective of our guests and what they value.

If you happen to be in the Los Angeles area again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at (323) 887-1988 or email us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com so we can one again provide you with the hospitality you deserve.

Sydney Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I held off doing my TA review for this Hotel because of unresolved issues but thought that the time is now right. First up , the front counter staff were brilliant but unfortunately they were not the whole package. We went through our whole stay without proper toiletries because the left hand didn't know what the right was doing ? We would tell them x or y was missing but it was never resolved ! Housekeeping ? Well there was a language barrier, I can't speak spanish , sorry , Mea Culpa !! The location was Great, LA just down the 60 , breakfast was sweet, staff lovely , but , but , but !! We had the misfortune to have a connecting room and heard everything, and I mean everything our next door guests did on their stay !! I raised this my self with Management and hopefully they have taken it on board , but who knows ??
All I can say is what had the potential of a really good stay fell down on some major points !!
Sound Proofing Needed !!

Room Tip: Get a room that is NOT interconnected & ensure Double Glazing !!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Skeney57,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave a review for us. I know that many people are busy and it isn't easy to find the time to write a well thought-out review. I am sorry that you had some misfortunes during your stay with us. Our staff usually has good communication with one another, but it seems we failed you on this occasion. I will not be making up any excuses in an attempt to dissuade the situation. I will, however, offer you my sincere apologies and tell you that we do take all of our guests comments, advice, and opinions seriously, and have already taken this up with the staff.

It is unacceptable that they were unable to provide you with the simple amenities such as toiletries. To that end, I have already discussed the issue with both the Front Office and the Head of Housekeeping and have worked with the staff on their in-house communication. They now have better communication with each other and are able to provide our guests with better service.

I am very sorry that you were able to hear the guests in the room adjoining yours. I am currently working with my maintenance on a plan to add sound dampening boards between the adjoining doors to cushion and deafen the noise. I understand and can relate to how frustrating it can be to try and get some peaceful rest, and having that disturbed by noisy neighbors. That project is not yet complete, however, we are working on it to ensure that future guests do not encounter a similar issue.

Again, I want to stress how important our guests' perception and experience during their stay is to us. To that end, I want to again offer my apologies for the low points during your stay. I am glad that the Guest Service Agents at the Front Desk were at least able to provide you with good service. I genuinely hope you will give us another opportunity at providing you with a pleasant and relaxing stay the next time you visit the Los Angeles region. You can call us directly at 323-887-1988 or e-mail us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com, and have our Guest Service Agents assist you with your reservation.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have stayed at the Best Western Markland a few times while in LA to visit friends. This is not a ritzy place to be sure. But it is clean and comfortable. And the best part is the room rates are under 80 dollars a night on weekdays. this is about half what you will pay if you stay in downtown LA. This hotel has very easy access to the freeway so you can be in downtown LA in about 15 minutes. And it is also fairly close to restaurants in Monterey Park and Montebello. The hotel has an underground semi subterranean parking garage which makes you feel your car is fairly safe and hidden from view. All in all it is an economical conveniently located nice little hotel just outside of Los Angeles.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
BWMarkland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Mr. or Ms. Gene2459,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm glad our amenities and central location was to your liking and made your trips here all the more enjoyable and convenient. If you happen to plan a trip back to the Los Angeles area again, please feel free to contact us directly at (323) 887-1988 or email us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com so we can further accommodate you.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The best staff ever !! The hotel is very clean and the value is excellent but over everything else is the WONDERFUL staff. Left a competitor and came to the Best Western Markland. Best move I have made. I will be back !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr or Ms. Revele W.,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your kind and high praise for the entire staff. Our goal is to make your stay comfortable, enjoyable, and fun. We are looking forward to having you back in our hotel on your next trip to the Los Angeles area. In the future, if you plan to stop over the Los Angeles area, please give us a call directly at (323) 887-1988 or email us at marklandhotel@yahoo.com so we can arrange your reservation.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

When we arrived we were advised there'd be $100 deposit to insure NO SMOKING! The hotel smelled of heavy, sweet odor neutralizer (smoking? mildew?). Room overlooked boarded up old house with people drying their clothes on rail. The bathroom has no counter space. No extra towels. No space to eat breakfast. Floor in 2nd flr hall not level, almost twisted ankle twice (can't see for carpet). Poor completion of maintenance like paint brush strokes over trim items. Overall lack of care and pride in property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Monterey Park hotels

Morgan Hill
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We reserved a Queen Suite months in advance only to learn day off of arrival that our reservation had been double booked and we no longer had a suite, but a standard room! We'd previously verified our reservation twice (a month before and two weeks prior). MAKE SURE you verify what you reserved and confirm it hasn't been taken away!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
BEST WESTERN Norwalk Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel? Share your experiences!