I read the reviews for this place on here prior to coming to this hotel... and honestly I nearly canceled my reservation.
I personally believe if you are going to 'take a reviewers info' as your guide, it would be best to know a bit about their standard and how they live at home. So here is a bit about me... I am a mom of 2 kids, I live in Alberta, Canada in a 1700 square foot 3 bedroom house, with a double garage, in a suburb of a big city (over 1 million people) I like my home tidy, and clean it diligently. My husband and I travel to hotels at least once very few months. We have been to 5 star, 2 star and everything in between. This trip to this hotel is our 4th trip to California this year alone!
Now lets talk about this hotel, our room was tidy, and the bed even though it squeeks, was comfortable. The sheets were clean, plenty of pillows on the bed. 2 king size and 3 regular size, as well as a round bolster for decoration. Parking was great, and FREE! Several other hotels in the area charged a fee. Access to the highway was easy! There was a Shell on the corner, but it closed down. I came and left this hotel, early morning, and late night, for 7 nights! I never felt scared in the area, nor uncomfortable, there is a great Walmart Supercenter shopping area 3 miles away. It is very central to Disneyland, and Beverly Hills. This visit it was just myself and my husband, however, I would not hesitate to come stay here with my children. We drove the streets around the hotel, and I would not say it is a ghetto area. I was just in San Diego a few months ago, paid double the price to stay in an area called Balboa Park and the hotel was much much scarier as was the area.
The elevator was old, but worked, and the continental breakfast was great (especially since it was free) there was toast, bagels, waffles, eggs, fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal, coffee, juice, muffins, and pastry items. (most people if honest with theselves eat something like this every morning at home anyway)
The maid service was great, even though we hung our towels to re-use them, they replaced them with fresh ones daily, the bed was always made nicely, and the carpets we vacuumed. If one wants to be really picky the very corners of the room had a bit of built up dust, but honestly most homes I go to have the same thing if not worse!! (not mine as I Am pretty anal about edging with my vacuum but many are not)
So if you are looking for the Ritz (then this is not it) go pay $500 a night (which would be about 8 times the price of this place) or spend your $75-100 a night and save the money for a comfortable stay, and spend the rest shopping! :)
Oh and one last thing, the tub was awesome!!! We had a huge soaker bathtub (no jets) and it did not cost us anything extra! We booked right online at Best Western.com and got the cheapest room (one with a king bed) I would definitely return, and I would recommend it to someone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this prestigious Monterey Park, California hotel where elegance and comfort meet commitment and customer service.The BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel is a property offering excellent lodging accommodations for any vacation or business trip to the Los Angeles area. Hotel guests will have access to an exercise facility, and Jacuzzi®. Guest accommodations feature spacious bathrooms with granite, Sealy® Posturepedic pillow-top mattress on each bed, free high-speed Internet access and cable television (CNN®, Fox News, Fox Sports, ESPN®, and HBO®). This Monterey Park hotel also offers flexible meeting space and facilities for outside catering.Hotel guests will have easy access to the 60 freeway, offering convenient travel to Disneyland®, Universal Studios® Hollywood, downtown Los Angeles and old town Pasadena.The BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel is the best choice for style, sophistication and location. A professional and friendly staff is dedicated to making each traveler's stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Markland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Markland Motel
- Best Western Monterey Park
- Monterey Park Best Western