“Nice stay, highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Monterey Park
Shenzhen, China
“Nice stay, highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My first day arrival in Los Angeles. Very nice stay, I came with my child and my sister's family, stop for a night before heading towards theme parks and other locations. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are tidy and clean, quiet in the evening. Breakfast corner is a bit small, only 3 tables and 10 seats, so it's better to get there early to avoid pack of guests, breakfast is served at 6:30am with enough choices: waffle, muffin, cereal, toast, sausage & eggs, coffee, juice & water. There is free parking lot, good for family or business trip. Highly recommend!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Wheelersburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here for an evening while in the Los Angeles area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable, with a lot of space. The breakfast was fine to get you started on your day. Close drive to a lot of attractions, would recommend staying here if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Being from Las Vegas, LA is our #1 destination for a quick overnight get away. We have been staying at this hotel whenever we visit LA for the past several years.

This property is at a great location, close to I-10, and many delicious Chinese restaurants nearby. The housekeeping at this hotel really does a superb job (I had commented to the manager on several occasions), as we always find the room clean and fresh. The bed is on the firm side which we like (good for the back), and the refrigerator and A/C are all very quiet. We don't eat the breakfast since we want to enjoy the many Chinese restaurants in the area, but I saw the breakfast selection and they looked pretty good (scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle, pastry, yogurt, cereal, etc.). And if you’re addicted to the internet like my wife, this hotel’s wifi signal is always strong and reliable.

The manager and front desk staff May have always been friendly and accommodating. I'm a light sleeper, and whenever I asked for a room away from the front desk or elevator, they have always tried their best to accommodate us.

We always have a good experience at this hotel, which is why we always stay here whenever we're in LA.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tommy C
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

In the central part of LA finding a good clean hotel with free parking is not always easy. This hotel is newer, very clean and a superb staff. They were able to get my room ready 3 hours early and staff was very helpful for local places to eat. There is no pool or fitness, but for a quick night with 5 minute access to the freeway or 20 minutes on surface streets up to Pasadena is a perfect location.

The rooms are spacious with a work desk and very comfortable a/c units that are not blowing right on the bed. Good lighting, nice large flat screens, and a great comfortable place.

Room Tip: Just be aware that this facility has no pool or fitness. But it a super quiet location and great ac...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DrMarkES
comfortinn Mont... c, Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Park, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on business, I would highly recommend this hotel. I have stayed at many many hotels and this hotel is going to be a regular on our scheduled visits to the area. The rooms are updated, grear bed and linens, large flat screen tv with plenty of channels, hot water, great water pressure in the shower, microwave and refrigerator in the room. The breakfast is not a restaurant style buffett but has plenty for breakfast like eggs, sausage, coffee, apple juice, orange juice, water, milk, all konds of breads, yogurt, boiled eggs, waffles and fresh fruit. The staff is friendly, great parking lot, close to all the freeways I had made it from the hotel to Hollywood blvd in 20 min. No funky smells. I think it is acceptable and very safe area. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
comfortinn Mont... c, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Park, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Difficult to find, cramped room space, tough communication skills from some staff: all of these cause us to not want to ever return to this location.

The room was clean, and the furnishings in the two bedded room were fine, but with little space to put our bags. We could not move from the bed to the bathroom or the exit door unless one of us was out of the room or sitting by the head of a bed. The rooms are best served for one person only. We noticed several families staying there; quite a challenge regarding movement in the rooms I should imagine. Even then, the bathroom door blocks movement in and out of the room and in and out of the doorway to the hall. The bathroom is very small, too small for a wheelchair, yet all the rooms seem to have a wheelchair accessible size door; this door opens out,into the room's very narrow entryway. We had to pass the water leaking into a pail in the hall, from an overhead pipe, each time we left the room to leave the floor we were staying on; rather unpleasant.

There is free parking, an elevator, and a very small breakfast area off the lobby. There are too many tables in this small area. Limited items offered for the free continental breakfast; I was only able to get through the crowd to get a cup of coffee; gave up on trying to get a little food and left. I didn't make coffee in the room, with the little, individual coffeemaker because the cleaning staff had left the coffeemaker filled with water; I had no idea how long that water had been in there; I decided I did not want to clean it out for them either.

The location is more than a mile from the busy Asian shopping/restaurant section of town, but only 1 block to a couple of decent Asian restaurants. We were quite disappointed that we were unable to have any dim sum for dinner the night we were there, as so highly recommended by fellow travelers on this Tripadvisor website. They forgot to mention that these restaurants only serve dim sum at lunch time- never at dinner time. So, dim sum lovers be advised; arrive intime for lunch. It is true that it is only 20 to 30 minutes to the tourist sights of LA, via the Interstate 10, which is convenient.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Had a very pleasant stay here. The staff was very welcoming and accomodating. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job of keeping it that way. Had a flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine with coffee and tea bags. The breakfast bar was better than I expected and included eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, choice of juices, fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, and hard boiled eggs. They keep the breakfast area very clean and stock items that are running out. The entire look of the hotel is professional, modern, fresh. I'd definitely come back again

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor, middle of the hallway. right hand side. Room was quiet, A/C unit was clea...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3.5 of 5 stars 54 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Rodeway Inn & Suites Rosemead

Been to Comfort Inn Monterey Park? Share your experiences!