“Good location, nice breakfast, decent rooms but carpets need cleaning badly!”

Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Monterey Park
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Eventhough this hotel is small, it's location makes up for it. Located in a very safe neighborhood of Monterey Park (I should know because I have family residing in the area and have lived nearby), it's a close walk/drive to all the great Asian cuisines this city is known for. Not as rowdy as the Best Western down the street by Atlantic Square, it's quiet yet also convenient. The room is of adequate size with a large plushed bed, fridge/microwave & updated bathroom with granite counter top. The rate includes a decent breakfast in the tiny lobby & there's always sufficient parking in their lot even late at nights. The day we checked out, there was a very friendly Indian guy who showed genuine concern & compassion asking about our stay. It's this tiny gesture of customer service that makes me want to return again soon, plus the nice price tag. My only suggestion for the hotel is to get the carpets cleaned as they did stain my daughter's white sock easily & I had to wear slippers all the time.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Patriciaychou
comfortinn Mont... c, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monterey Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Property CHI
Comfort Inn

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This Comfort Inn is definitely sub-par to to other Comfort Inns I have stayed before.The bathroom and the room is very small. We booked it because of the proximity to Chinese restaurants. Blankets were paper thin. Breakfast was just so so. They ran out of coffee and cereal and took them quite a long time to refill. We decided to check out after one night and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I was here for 4 days for businesses trip; the inn was located in a quiet area but closed many restaurants n shops. I had a king bed room n the size is good enough for me. The room has a small refrigerator n microwave. The coffee maker is on the desk. The TV is bigger than I expected about 42'. The inn comes with free breakfast, Internet n parking. I found its very clean n comfortable to stay. I was in room 112, if u worry to get a noise a/c, u can ask this room; quiet n not make much noise as some reviewer said. For a 3 star hotel, I will say its a good place to stay.
Yes the dining area is small and the desk chair is old but the space inside the room is big

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had a business meeting in Downtown Los Angeles the next morning and did not want to be in a rush in the morning. Stayed here for one night. Room was clean, cozy, comfortable. Staff at the front was pleasant. Parking was on either sides of the hotel. Down the street are all kinds of yummy Asian Restaurants and other places to eat, Rite Aide and Ralphs if you need groceries. It was safe and not too far from Downtown. I was placed on the first floor facing the right side of the parking lot, not too bad. I did not hear alot of noise and my heater was fine. I would stay here again plus show your Triple A card and you get your discount!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank IEBEV
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our room appeared to be clean and the bed was fine.

However, the A/C sounded like a 747 jet engine taking off and the problem is that it changed noise tones every once in a while, which made it difficult to sleep.

I was also disappointed that the room only had the desk chair. There was nowhere else to sit!!!!

It's true the breakfast room only has three tables, but the food presentation and selection was fine. So you might be eating breakfast standing up if the breakfast room is full and if there is more than one person staying in your room you won't find a seat there either!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

the hotel is clean, cozy.

rooms have minibar, microwave, bathroom with bathtub. it´s big enough.

elevators working nice too. you can use the stairs if you like, no problem.

friendly staff working there. room maids so nice. it´s worthy trying ir you around the area.

Room Tip: virtually all apartments are the same. i could no see differences among them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Theodoro L
Reviewed October 23, 2012

hello my boyfriend and i were looking for a hotel to stay in so we pull in to the comfrot inn as we were pulling in the front dest employee were outside when they saw us pull in they both went inside when we got out of the our vehicle the front door was lock and the no vacancy sign was put out. i never knew that racialism was still around and that it was so close to home. i was very upset for my boyfriend but he was ok with it because he was a marine for 23 years serving this country so he has seen it all. i will never stay at this hotel due to the way we were treated.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 12 in Rosemead
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello

Been to Comfort Inn Monterey Park? Share your experiences!