“Best Pastrami Sandwich”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went twice in two days. I ordered the pastrami sandwich both times. The sandwich was so large that I couldn't even touch the fries. The restaurant is clean and the service was fast, especially considering how many people was in the restaurant. We surprisingly found a table on both trips. Well worth it!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

World famous pastrami is the perfect way to describe this place. I had the pastrami dip which came with about a pound of pastrami on the sandwich along with a brown bag full of fries. It was so much food that I could only finish half of the sandwich, and with the cost being only $7.99, it's was a steal! I'll be eating here a few more times before I leave California.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We are always going to try something else, but end up splitting a dipped pastrami (enough for 2). Peppers on the side, onion rings or fries. I hear the chili fries are great but haven't tried them, it is a big order.

Negs: Restrooms are outside, parking limited, usually a wait for a table, not a big place. Counter ordering, booths. The Hat has been in business since 1951 and has 9 SoCal locations. We are 70 miles away but if in the area will take the occasional splurge. Worth it!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I get my mine with peppers and dipped. That is the only way to have it. Fries are decent too. Not the best for health conscience people, but for those indulge once in a while. Great Pastrami.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Their slices of pastrami have gotten thinner, and so the flavor is tastier than ever before. I love their chili fries. One order of these can be shared with others in your party.