See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Stayed here for one night on July 29 to attend Metallica concert at Rose Bowl stadium. Drove in from Bay area and arrived at 3:30pm which I believed would be a perfect time to check-in but the front desk made me wait for 10 minutes since my room wasn't ready. I was assigned a room on the 6th floor. Unlike what the poor reviews state, I had a pleasant stay here and liked my room. I was attracted by the low rate, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and the free garage parking here since most of the hotels in Pasadena and Glendale had been either booked full or were way beyond my budget. This neighborhood of Monterey Park is packed with Asian establishments as can be seen from the pictures of the view from the hotel room. I found it to be generally safe although I never had time to explore the surrounding areas on foot since it was a short concert trip and not a sight-seeing trip. Complimentary breakfast included coffee, toast, butter buns, orange/apple juice, orange slices and donuts and I was given a breakfast token for the same that I could redeem at the coffee lounge located in the lobby. The donuts were refrigerated ones but I'm used to eating cold donuts so I was satisfied. I was keen on checking out the pineapple chicken buns at the dim sum restaurant located inside this hotel based on online reviews but I had to leave at 8:30am and so settled for the complimentary breakfast. My only complaint is to do with the garage. I got to park in the lower level which made entry/exit quick but the ramp that leads from the garage exit on to the road is at such an incline that my car's underside rubbed against the road while exiting the ramp. The first time I presumed I exited rashly but the next morning while checking out I was extra careful but couldn't avoid the parting rub. The hotel management should consider placing some kind of buffer where the ramp meets the road. Regarding the journey to Rose Bowl, it took me 20 minutes to reach Parsons parking lot from where shuttles took me to Rose Bowl in under 10 minutes. So overall it was a 30 minute trip to Rose Bowl from here. There's also a movie theatre nearby and plenty of fast food restaurants. Based on my stay, I will recommend this hotel for those planning to attend Rose Bowl events.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Arun Goud A
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

The service is nice, friendly people, multilingual, however the rooms are a little bit dirty, not horrible but they can definitely fix some aspects and make them better, the carpets are very dusty and the shower is kind of dusty, But it has a nice location and it's relatively cheap.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2017

This is our first hotel in our first US trip. The check in time is around 3 pm. We can pay $1/luggage for luggage deposit if we reach hotel too early and decide to walk around the vicinity. Do take note that public toilet at the lobby is opened after 9 am.

The hotel is dated. We stayed at double room (double queen size bed). The spring bed is quite old, but still comfortable covered by a decent bed cover. The room and bathroom are clean. The bathtub is for shower only. A minimum standard of toiletries are provided. The staffs are mostly Chinese immigrants but their English is good and I find friendly. Room service and laundry are not available. A simple breakfast limited to bread, butter, jam, biscuits and tea/coffee is provided.

It is better to buy drinking water and meal at the supermarket or restaurant nearby.

Asian supermarket, shopping, restaurants & bars are within 20-25 minutes walk, mostly to the west.
In short, this hotel is suitable for tourist spending most of the time outside, e.g. joining a local tour.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric H
Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

Not good for business trip tea and rice for breakfast was not what I wAnted. Fun to see but hard to work not much English speeding. Bed was old spring type hard as a rock. Mold around window. Heath hazard black mold. I left early .

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank King B
Reviewed October 25, 2016 via mobile

This Hotel is a disgrace, its filthy, the staff are a disgrace to the service industry.

The breakfast is incredulous, lady stood there throwing toast at us that had been toasted only one side in order to put 2 in each slot at once.

Every part of this hotel was a disgrace but the last straw was when we checked out and the receptionist (if you could call her that) would not allow us to use the toilet in the lobby.

Someone from the city should shut this joint down.

DONT STAY THERE!!!!