“Great Atmosphere! Amazing Food! Charming Staff!”

Siamese Bay Restaurant
Ranked #121 of 299 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
“Great Atmosphere! Amazing Food! Charming Staff!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We ate here while in Monterey for the half marathon. Decor is outstanding. Staff is very hospitable. Ordered veggie spring rolls and two seafood items from the specials menu. Food presentation was over the top, as was the flavor.

Monterey, California
“Good Value”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The owners are so friendly and they are there to assist you and greet you. Food selection is nice, you can order off the menu or take a pass at the help-yourself-bar.....Conveniently located right around the corner from the Monterey Post Office at the begining of downtown.
Max-C, Andy

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Mediocre food, horrible service by the manager/owner”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I ordered 3 entrees to go. While I was waiting, I asked for two small containers to put some condiment chili pepper and chili powder since I like my food extra spicy. While I was helping myself, the owners stood behind me and stared at me disapprovingly. She then proceeded to take the condiment dish away from me and took it to the kitchen. I would have walked away if I hadn't already paid. The food was mediocre at best!

Monterey, California
“Charming, quaint and authentic perfect for two, families or small groups”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I dine here often for we love the food, the decor is very nice, and the owner is always so accommodating. It's quite charming really, with an authentic feel and just perfect for couples however, we've taken larger groups, including our extended family with kids and have always had a great experience so ... not really sure what happened on the previous post? (Perhaps their kids were not as well behaved as they thought???) The owner seems to go to a lot of effort to create a pleasant experience for their guests like, having nice music and fresh flowers on the tables. My husband and I are very well travelled and try to get Thai where ever we go! We just love Siamese Bay and … apparently, so does Clint Eastwood!

• Visited July 2012
“Don't go here if you have kids”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Went here on a Friday night and there was only one other couple there at about 7:30 pm. Was seated promptly with my wife and 3 kids. After that their attitude made it clear that they did not welcomed children although my kids are pretty well behaved. Of course they are not going to eat as neatly as an adult. I would have had more respect for them if they had just not seated us in the first placed and told us they didn't cater to children. During the meal there was only just 3 couples in the restaurant but they failed to come by to fill any of our water nor ask how the meal was. To add insult I saw them go fill the other couple table water and walked right past us. Food was average - not bad and not memorable. We have a pretty extensive culinary taste for Thai food. The decor was very nice though - many decoration authentic to Thailand.

• Visited April 2012