My family and I stayed here on a quick mini vacation. The rate we paid was $120/night which seemed like a good bargain for the Monterey area. The hotel is a bit dated, but the rooms were huge and very clean. The beds were typical Comfort Inn/Travelodge quality and were good enough to sleep in, but not something you'd wanna take home; like an Ayres Hotel pillow top! Our room did not have great heating and air conditioning (the bay area doesn't really require either) but management was very friendly and had a good stock of box fans to loan out so that we had air movement and grey noise. We stayed in building 400 which backs up to the main road in and out of Monterey/Salinas so traffic noise was loud with the windows open.
Lastly the breakfast was sufficient. It was slightly better than a continental breakfast and for a family on a budget saved us quite a bit of money and fed us sufficiently for our day. The hotel is adjacent to the regional airport but there wasn't that much noise from the airplanes and the restaurant there is a hidden gem (See review on the Golden Tee Restaurant).
Overall this is a nice, reasonably priced, no frills hotel that serves it purpose and had friendly management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Monterey Airport. We are located on sprawling tree covered grounds at the entrance to the scenic Monterey California Peninsula. We are just minutes away from Cannery Row, Monterey Bay Aquarium, shopping, dinning and many sporting activities. We offer a free continental breakfast. All hotel rooms have free wireless high speed Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators, iron and ironing boards. Some of our hotel rooms offer balconies or bay windows, and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport Hotel Monterey
- Comfort Inn Monterey Airport
- Peninsula Monterey
- Monterey Peninsula
- Monterey Comfort Inn