We stayed here for one night on a family road trip of California with our 2.5 year old. This is an older property and has no AC but has openable windows. The room was large, but tired looking. The cost was very reasonable but is located right next to the airport and nowhere near anything nice in Monterey. We were just pit stopping here so it was fine. Front desk staff was polite. Parking conveniently by the room which is accessed from outdoors. (Theres no contiguous buuilding, but a series of buildings containing separately accessed units.) Clean and cheap for budget travellers but in retrospect it was maybe a little too budget a choice for us. I like more of a balance between budget and location/amenity. Another point - more of a nuisance really - we booked a king bed unit on expedia and the hotel later refused the reservation because of the third person (our baby!) and forced us to rebook a two queen room. The queen room was actually cheaper. The whole thing just seemed odd. We didn't even use the second bed (we prefer our toddler sleep with us in strange places). Expedia very kindly gave us a travel voucher (in a nice amount) for our trouble. There was a continental breakfast included but we didn't partake. There was no pool or other amenities to speak of. We wouldn't stay there again as it was a bit too old and remote for our travel preferences, but it was clean, quiet and cheap for Monterey. There are tons of moderate budget choices more in the thick of things in this town though. We drove around afterwards and saw many options.
I struggled with how to rate this hotel because I did not especially enjoy it but on the other hand the room was clean and cheap and nothing was misrepresented. I think it might be perfectly adequate for a very budget conscious traveller who uses the room to sleep in and little else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Monterey Airport. We are located on sprawling tree covered grounds at the entrance to the scenic Monterey California Peninsula. We are just minutes away from Cannery Row, Monterey Bay Aquarium, shopping, dinning and many sporting activities. We offer a free continental breakfast. All hotel rooms have free wireless high speed Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators, iron and ironing boards. Some of our hotel rooms offer balconies or bay windows, and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport Hotel Monterey
- Comfort Inn Monterey Airport
- Peninsula Monterey
- Monterey Comfort Inn
- Monterey Peninsula