“Seedy place but good food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Persian Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Francisco, California
“Seedy place but good food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing and a welcome change after days of seafood and the like. It was close to our hotel so seemed like a good idea.
We didn't notice the belly dancing sign on the door and went in. The place was dead except for a few tables. Suddenly dancing music started and out came a woman dancing, to the delight of the table she had just got up from. They were so delighted that they started putting dollar notes I to her clothes....yes that's right. It was awkward, we ate our food ASAP and left, another couple just over for us did the same.

I would return for takeout but never again to sit in

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“Excelent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excelent food. Fabulous service. Great Persian experience. The restaurant was clean and friendly. I can't wait to return.

• Visited October 2012
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Excellent Persian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Wonderful service, clean and pleasant setting, and the food--ah, the food. I rarely have an experience where everything is amazingly fresh and delicious without being cookie cutter. It was the best formal meal we had during our stay in Monterey.

• Visited July 2012
Stockton, CA
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Have eaten at this restaurant every time we go to Monterrey. Love the food and the management has been wonderful. Have had the belly dancer the last two times we went and she was great. The first time I didn't know was a special arrangement and that made it a little costly. Check on this before you go and the nights she is performing. Everything on the menu was tasty and is a dining experience. Try it you will like it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pacific Grove, California, United States
“Always excellent service, wonderful food and terrific entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have been to Persian Grill many times and have always been treated well. The last time was not exception. My boyfriend and I celebrated his birthday at the Persian Grill with his entire family and the staff was wonderfully accommodating. I have never had a bad experience there and recommend to all of my friends. A+ BTW, if you can, go on a Saturday night to get the special stew- it is to die for!!

Visited March 2011