“Healthy, Interesting and Okay”
Review of Persian Grill - CLOSED

Persian Grill
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I feel into this restaurant on a cold, last minute business trip. Why not live and try something completely off the beaten path, right? This is a very small, family-run restaurant. I ordered a rice appetizer which was not available which was a little disappointing. The herb soup looked unique but tasted great, I would recommend its subtle warmth on a breezy beach night. The grilled chicken and rice was average, nothing special. I appreciated the service but it was clearly family-operated and not super. I would suggest this is a nice, easy bite, particularly if one is alone and willing to accept "okay" as a dinner option, but I would not go out of my way for it given the price.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We loved the dolme, the lamb, and the Persian stew with eggplant tomatoes and veal. A very welcoming experience. While other patrons danced with the exotic belly dancer, we learned the history of the family and the sources of all the great recipes. Father and mother teaming up to prepare and serve, daughter returning from SJ State to serve on the weekends. Delicious, and delightful.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Here you are in Monterey with your Sweetie and it is New Years Eve and the top 10 restaurants recommended by Trip Advisor are all sold out. What to do? Well, if you are going to have to drop below #10, then might as well have something exotic. We were quite surprised by the quality of the food at the Persian Grill. Not being expert on this type of cuisine, we got excellent recommendations from the Owner. The wine list is sparce but an excellent value. There are no American items on the menu so the faint of heart for Iranian delicacies should be prepared. No ambiance and big storefront windows on a busy street. New Years turned out all right in spite of the lack of reservations.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Good food. Good service, we go here for dates every couple months. The stews are very good. A bit pricey but it's a more unique fare.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I had heard about Persian Grill in Monterey, had some take-out once from them and was highly impressed. I finally got a chance to visit recently. I have frequented many of the top Persian restaurants in nearby San Jose/SF Bay Area, but this one tops them all.

Our salads were made with the best of the fresh produce from the nearby Salinas valley. The kabobs are grilled perfectly browned, tender, tasty, and melt in your mouth. Everything is freshly made and perfectly seasoned - the food has very focused flavors, very pure and delightful. There is enormous attention to detail to the food, decor, and music. We finished our meal with a lovely baklava dessert, complete with drops of pomegranate syrup as garnish. The accompanying tea is perfectly seasoned with cardamon. The only downside here is the tendency to over-eat.

I've traveled to many places in the world and tasted many great foods. This is one of the greatest cuisines of the world presented in a proper and very proud way and gets my highest recommendations.

2  Thank Mr_Crackers