“Best Food Ever!”

Monterey, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

1I love the food of koko's cafe! There menu is so diverse! My fav food haz to be the hero platter! it so yummy! drop by for amazing service and divine food!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Croissant D

Sanford, Florida
“revisit koko cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Being back last weekend I dropped by Koko cafe to savour their excelllent mediteranean cuisine
We stated with their staple Taboula,and hommos seved with their housemade Falafel with.a.side of.green olives,and pickled.cucamber
For mainsI ordered their beef shawerma and my wife thei chicken.shawerma seved with pita bread and tahini dressing.as a side.greek salad
For.drinks we.had habiscus and mint yougart
For sweets we had a.choice from an array of greek baklavas and lebanese swee with a morrocan tea forme and their new Chaie(tea)
theservice was prompt and theatmosphere friendly with Egyptian music in tne background
I fully recommend this place to any out oftown visitors

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Samir L
el cerrito
“Teenage Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

My teenage son and friends went there. They enjoyed their food and experience.

Visited April 2012
Chico
“Delicious Middle Eastern Food! Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

I ate at Kokos with my whole family and everyone was pleased. We started with their specialty Middle Eastern Bread ( I forget what its called) with hummus and babaganoush. The Babaganoush was FANTASTIC! Seriously, I went home to try and make it but got no where close. We really enjoyed the Gyros, very moist, fresh, and delicious. My daughter LOVED the gelato, they have tons of flavors. The owners really went out of their way to please us, and really seemed to enjoy meeting us and making us comfortable. I have never written a tripadvisor review before but I thought I would this time because we had such a nice time there and really enjoyed the food and casual but fun and exotic atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Heidi B
Colorado Rockies
“Very disappointed and lied to about lamb in gyro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Had been hungry for a good gyro for a few days, finally had a chance to stop and buy one. It was recommended by a local friend that I go to another place, but I saw this place first and stopped in. I specifically said I wanted a gyro with a good LAMB flavor of meat. I was assured the meat was lamb and beef with plenty of good lamb flavor.

Well, tested like seasoned beef and I could not taste ONE HINT of lamb. I would have asked for my money back, but I took the meals to go and didn't try them until sitting down to eat with friends. The tzatziki sauce was runny and tasted like they added some seasonong packet - not very natural or thick. Bread was warm, soft and no complaints there.

If I was looking for a beef gyro, it would probably have been fine, but that's not at all what I'd wanted, and hated being lied to - I'd have just gone someplace else.

• Visited February 2012