“Calamari!”

Add it.
Massaro & Santos
Ranked #49 of 304 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the second story at the end of the Coast Guard Pier in Monterey. Off the beaten path between Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf. 270 degree ocean views.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Calamari!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I got in somewhat late, tired after long flight and drive thru legendary Ca traffic. This was right by our hotel the Monteray Bay Inn (fantastic view). Anyway its just a short stroll and the food and the service is great. I highly recommend the Calamari Eggplant Parm, its totally diferent with a hearty slab of calamari layered in there.

• Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
Calif.
“Great food away from the crowds!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Came here for dinner after reading other TA reviews. This restaurant did not disappoint! My friends had the halibut special which could be prepared five or six different ways. They both really enjoyed their meal. I had a dish called Choke Miguel (you'll have to ask the waiter why that name) which consisted of scallops, prawns, crabmeat and artichoke hearts in a light sauce. (Comes with a side dish). Some of the best clam chowder and one of the best meals I have had and will definitely make a return trip. We would have loved to have ordered dessert (which looked wonderful) but the dinner portion is big enough that we had no room for dessert! Our waiter was friendly, helpful and funny. The restaurant is on a pier just off the main road so it is a great place to go for a break from the crowds. Unlike some of the restaurants on Cannery Row you are not sitting elbow to elbow with your neighboring tables.

• Visited August 2013
Sacramento
“My favorite Monterey restaurant!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I think this has to be the best restaurant I've been to in a long time. My friend and I went there at the end of March. I had the Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich and it was delicious! We tried to go again the following month when we were there but they seem to be closed between lunch and dinner, which is when we got there. I recommended this place to friends who were in Monterey last month and they loved it also!

I'm looking forward to the next time I will be in Monterey so I can eat there again! And they are diver friendly, they didn't care that I was still in my wetsuit after a few dives. We sat on the balcony.

• Visited March 2013
Morton Grove, Illinois
“A Wonderful Lunch Experience”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife, son and I were in town for the weekend. This restaurant was highly recommended and it did not disappoint.We started with New England clam chowder. It was creamy with the right blend of clams, potato and celery. For our main dish, my wife had sandabs. We never had this kind of fish. It was a local favorite and was very tasty. Our son had the house pasta. It had a lot of seafood and he really enjoyed the pasta. I had something that was recommended, but was not on the menu: A seafood salad. It also had a lot of seafood and had a very tasty vinigarette dressing. We would have tried a dessert, but we were too full. The service was great. We had a waitress named Coco. She had such a pleasant personality. She made us feel like we were guests in her home.

• Visited July 2013
Sonoma, California
“Special Lunch Menu”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

At our second lunch we discovered a menu for locals with 4 choices of entrees for $12.95, including dessert. Snapper and Calamari steak were selected, served with pasta, veggies, chowder or salad, completed with ice cream. Wow. All the food was well prepared, as it had been on our first lunch visit, just at a lower price.

Divers in their wet suits were ordering hamburgers, with a drink for $10 bucks. You have to look the part as a fisherman, diver or kayaker to get this deal.

This is a first class place, with harbor views and outside seating too.

Visited July 2013