“Quick Stop yielded Delicious results” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
SF Bay Area
“Quick Stop yielded Delicious results”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friend and I were touring Carmel but made a point to stop for yummies at Parker-Lusseau Pastries in downtown Monterey. I think we went to the Hartnell location. There were a few tables outside to enjoy your goodies. We had chocolate croissant and the Kouing-Aman Apricot. Very buttery and delicious. Everything looked good in the case. The mocha I had was delightful and smooth with foamed milk on top. I would stop here again if visiting Monterey again. They do run out of items earlier in the day. So they may run out of your eclairs or favorite items if you do not get there earlier rather than later. It is a tiny store, and it does get a bit crowded for moments. A small price to pay for delicious tarts and croissants. :) We visited over July 4th weekend.

• Visited July 2013

Bay Area, CA
“the best almond croissant here in the USA..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Never knew they had 2 locations!

We went to the other because that was the first and only one we knew. The very first time we fell in love with those almond croissants. Well, we go there and they say they were CLOSED (not permanently, they were doing some things I guess)! I almost shed a tear, but they said to just visit the other (THIS) location.

Glad I did, this was more of an actual store/eatery location compared to the other. There are a few tables and chairs to enjoy your pastries and coffee. This location is closer to actual touristy walking sites as well. The inside is small and cozy. Everything on display looks great, but as always, we go for the main event.. THE ALMOND CROISSANT.

It was a few months since I first tried it first at their last location. This time around it was just as good. Consistent! I don't know what wizardry and sorcery they put in them, but as long as they keep doing so, I will keep buying. Gluten Free, Low Carb, No Sugar, FORGET ALL THAT, suffer for a day!

As before we also bought a canele as well. Those are good too. Maybe one day, we'll try other of their offerings.

I had a chance to compare the almond croissant from Paris Bakery down the street. I must say the ones here at Parker-lusseau is still at the top of my list. Don't get me wrong Paris Bakery fans.. it was good too, but this one is just on another level. I don't know how to describe it really, but if I had to, it was if you could define the details of the croissant with each bite. Its as if this was 4K resolution and Paris Bakery's was still 1080P. It's as if this was Michael Jordan, and Paris Bakery is Kobe Bryant or Lebron James.

MY TIP: make sure you go when I'm not going, because if you do, chances are, I'm buying a lot and they may run out because of me.

• Visited June 2013
Carmel Valley, California
“Terrific Pastries, Cakes and Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a standout patisserie, the second of two locations in Monterey; go to the other one, where the baking is done (www.parker-lusseaupastries.com) for more selection and special orders (cakes, etc.).

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oakland, California
“Seriously... Best Pastries Outside of Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Every time we are in MRY we will visit Parker-Lusseau for morning coffee and pastries. They are a full bakery offering freshly baked breads, cakes and other sweets and savories like sandwiches and quiche.

Visited May 2013
Titusville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,294 helpful votes
“Almost missed it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is so small it would be easy to be distracted and miss it. We went there for special coffee, chocolate muffins and really great sticky buns. The one person doing the cooking and serving was very pleasant and have a lot of patience as people tried to make up their minds.
There is a choice of specialty coffee and the prices are very fair. Everything is fresh and good.
If the four tables are full walk down to the park and enjoy!

• Visited May 2013