“Seriously... Best Pastries Outside of Paris”

Parker-Lusseau Pastries
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Monterey
Oakland, California
“Seriously... Best Pastries Outside of Paris”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Every time we are in MRY we will visit Parker-Lusseau for morning coffee and pastries. They are a full bakery offering freshly baked breads, cakes and other sweets and savories like sandwiches and quiche.

Visited May 2013

Titusville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,309 helpful votes
“Almost missed it”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is so small it would be easy to be distracted and miss it. We went there for special coffee, chocolate muffins and really great sticky buns. The one person doing the cooking and serving was very pleasant and have a lot of patience as people tried to make up their minds.
There is a choice of specialty coffee and the prices are very fair. Everything is fresh and good.
If the four tables are full walk down to the park and enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Oh La La....”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

ok, so, we had a bad exp in Paris Bakery and decided to give "wild plum" on Munras a try....as we walk there, my wife noticed a sign.."Bakery"...should we take a look? GOOD THING WE DID!!! the owner and wife was there, a tiny place with 4 tables, but WOW!!!! prob the best croissant in this side of the world and the macaroons....to die for...did I mention GREAT coffee?

• Visited March 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Sublime pastries”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We were staying overnight in Monterey and saw the sign advertising French Pastries on a wall opposite the car park of our hotel. We were a bit skeptical but decided to give it a try and were thrilled by what we found. We had a Quiche Lorraine and Apple Galette for breakfast in the shop and took away an almond croissant and a tarte au citron, plus a couple of macaroons. Everything was absolutely delicious and I was particularly pleased by the intensity of flavor in the lemon tart, which so often is an over sweetened and under flavored mockery of what it should be. Yes, it is a little expensive but it was the closest thing we have had to real French patisserie this side of the Atlantic.

Wiesbaden, Germany
“Unprofessional, Arrogant, Condesending”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Im not sure which bakery everyone else was talking about in the reviews section, but after my experience with Parker-Lusseau im sure that they must be confused with some other bakery. I have never been treated with such disrepect by someone who considers themselves "professionals". My fiance is in the military and because of this our wedding was very short notice. After trying to contact this bakery for more than two weeks, they finally emailed me back. I explained my situation to them and they were very short tempered and rude for lack of a better word. But my wedding was in less than two weeks so i decided to work with them because ive heard nothing but good things. After two emails, They requested my phone number so they could contact me with questions i had about my cake. Yann Lusseau was the man i spoke with, he seemed friendly at first. But he kept insisting that my cake would have to be brown in color to get the design i wanted. I tried explaining to him that brown would not go well with my color sceme to which he responded, "i have been making cakes for 18 years, i think i know what would be best." i then asked him if i could take a night to think about it and maybe try to find another cake design although my heart was set on the one we had discussed. He agreed.
Later that night, i checked my inbox to find a nasty email from Yann explaining that i would not be able to find anywhere to make a cake as good as i would at their bakery, and that if i did i would "pay the price". He also stated that they have wasted a lot of time "dealing with me" and that i wanted a cake that does not exist, and that since i was ignoring his "expertise" they would "NOT" be making my cake, and would take the time wasted on dealing with my demands as a loss. I would NOT reccomend Parker-Luesseau to anyone. Im sure the cakes taste good and everything. But its not worth it to me to have to deal with such unprofessional people.

• Visited February 2013