“Great Bar”

Ranked #157 of 306 Restaurants in Monterey
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Bartender was just great !! We stopped by to have a couple of cocktails and had a great time. didn't have any food but people seemed to be happy with what they had.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have been there a couple times before although it was during the daytime and it was kind of a fun place to have a few beers however this time my girlfriend and I took a trip to the AT&T golf tournament and after checking in our hotel we were looking for somewhere fun to have a few beers and get a bite to eat, She looked up the reveiws on the place and they had some good and some not so good but we decided we would ckeck it out, It was a real downer, empty,cold,staff looked like they cared less, We had a few beers and went elsewhere.
Question for the owner, Why rip off the tourist's, Is it that you don't want them coming back ?
I'm confused! I always thought it worked much better the other way.

1  Thank gweedore55
Reviewed February 5, 2013

to sit down, enjoy a beer local and imported with a bowl of clam chowder. My hubby totally enjoyed the atmosphere while I shopped.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went in for drinks and dancing...place was packed. Getting a drink was easy because they have a few bars to choose from. Just have to make your way in to get one.
We had a blast dancing for a couple of hours, then went to Sardine Factory for nitecap.
Fun night!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were in Monterey to experience the Aquarium again, on Saturday, around lunch time, we needed to find a place to eat, they were all packed, my wife checked out Slys which looked like a tourist trap to me, they were kind enough to accomodate us, and overall, it was a very worthwhile dining experience. The food was great, a very friendly staff and just a fun place to be. I can safely say, that I had the best hamburger of my life, no doubt about it, The clam chowder was excellent, and the staff was always helpful and accomadating, very kid friendly too. I would gladly recommend it to anyone visiting Monterey, and am looking forward to our next visit.