“Walk on by - the staff do”

Sly Mc Fly's Lunch & Dinner
Ranked #154 of 299 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Walk on by - the staff do”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I wish I could comment more on my experience of this place ... However having to wait 15 minutes to then ask for a server was poor... To then wait ten minutes more to look for our server again to find her and another server doing shots with a table of guys watching the game was enough for me to bail and walk out. Had a lovely lunch at the Trailside.

Would not recommend

1 Thank FTUK2012

• Hebrew first
Seaside, California
“My Sly Mc Fly's Rating”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lots around... Plus you have good music, good place to have a drink or two, relax on the Monterey Peninsula... And the famous Cannery Row... Like to visit a tad bit more than a tourist, say like 7 - 10 days, nights a year spending at this location and around....

Visited May 2012
Ohio
“Plain Awful”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

If anyone has read my many reviews, then you know that I am a fair, thoughtful reviewer. I have never rated a restaurant this low...not even close. After sitting for ten minutes and having to ask if we had a server, we should have known to leave. This was a lunch service, not very busy and we had to ask for a server. After waiting 30 minutes for the barbeque chicken sandwich and fish and fries (after tables that sat well after us received their food), the food finally came and for the first time ever sat looking at my plate trying to decide which items could or would make me ill. I tried to eat the fish which was crusty hard and not even warm, the fries were cold as well. The only warm thing was the coleslaw, which makes a person believe that the food sat there for ten minutes prior to deliver. The waitress never came back nor could we flag her down. Fifteen minutes later, we grabbed her and she asked how everything was...and seemed surprised when I said it was awful. She looked at me and said not a word...just walked away. I flagged her down again and asked for the check, paid and left the food. I wanted to stand outside the place and tell people to not go in there...save your money. I wish that I had read the reviews on this one prior to wasting my money and time on a restaurant that clearly does not value it's customers nor their stomachs.

Victorville, California
“Good for people watching”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had always passed by Sly's and never went in. I decided to give it a try. I ordered clam chowder but was not impressed after eating Clam Chowder at The Fishhopper. Our party had street tacos, wings, and a bleu cheese burger. It was good and great for people watching down Cannery Row. I think it has a pretty fun atmosphere when there is a band playing. I would try again but just not order Clam Chowder. There was a pigeon walking through picking up food on the floor which was kind of funny to watch. Service was attentive and friendly as well.

Visited August 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Crowded, loud, poor food, slow service - uncooked batter in fish and chips, truly awful food (and I'm not very picky about food, but really this place hits rock bottom. Keep walking indeed !