“Best Burger I've had in Recent Memory”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of American Burger

American Burger
Ranked #158 of 298 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: American Burger was started in August of 2009 by the Miguel family. Prior to this, the Miguels ran a Mexican restaurant before recognizing the need for a high-quality, easy-going burger joint on Lighthouse. Proud immigrants from El Salvador, they named the new restaurant "American Burger" in honor of their own pursuit of the American entrepreneurial dream
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
“Best Burger I've had in Recent Memory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place doesn't look like a lot from the outside (or the inside for that matter), but the food is terrific! I ordered a Bacon Avocado Burger and my wife ordered a Turkey Burger. I switched from regular to seasoned (curly) fries and my wife got the sweet potato fries. Both of the burgers were outstanding, juicy and flavorful and the fries were perfect too. The owner's son Jose was our waiter and he was explaining to us how they are getting more and more into live music including open mic nights. There was no music when we were there, but we'll be back just for the food.

• Visited April 2013

Hayward, CA
“Blue cheese burger was unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you love blue cheese on your burger you must order your burger here.
They don't skimp on the cheese and my burger was cooked to perfection.
Next time I am in town I will order the same thing. Simply the best blue cheese burger I have ever had.

• Visited March 2013
Salinas, California
“Truly is the best of Anerica... Burgers milkshakes, and cooked by the owner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to go when you want lunch after or before the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The burgers are great as are the fish tacos. Really can't get more down home American than this. One block off the tourist track and worth finding. Special music shows too check the Facebook page for info

Salinas
“Great classic burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is real ground beef, in a real patty, cooked on a real grill. It made me think of the small-town cafe with a simple menu and friendly service. It's a store-front kind of place, between the Red Wing store and a head shop.

A coworker and I were on an errand, around lunch time, and he asked if I'd ever tried it. I hadn't, but I'll be back in the future. There's something about a burger that was made in-house, with real cheese melted on it, served with a cold coke in the bottle, on a vinyl tablecloth -- Great flavor, good food, and good service.

I asked about the small stage in the corner -- apparently there is live music sometimes, which is also the reason for the Rock and Roll posters on the walls.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank User_Default
Orange County, California
“Surprisingly Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We ended up at American Burger after our first choice restaurant was not open for lunch yet. The restaurant has a very eclectic feel featuring music posters from the 50's to the 80's. The place was clean and the food was very good. I recommend the chili cheese fries. My husband who loves garlic ordered the "Garlicky Burger" which had minced garlic and grilled onions. I ordered the "Avocado Bacon Burger" which also had grilled onions. The place was "surprisingly good".

2 Thank adriana2travel