“Nice place”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Street
Description: Peter B's Brewpub is Monterey's original craft brewery, located in downtown Monterey behind the Portola Hotel & Spa. With delicious, locally-brewed and award winning beer, 18 high-definition televisions, and a delicious pub menu stocked with innovative, local favorites, Peter B's Brewpub is a favorite among local breweries, pubs and bars for visitors and locals alike. Relax on the pet-friendly patio with fire pits and enjoy some of the best award winning craft beers available. Happy Hour daily from 4:30pm to 6:00pm. See what's brewing at Peter B's Brewpub!
Reviewed October 6, 2013

..., to grab a drink, especially if you are lucky enough to get a spot outdoors, near the electric fires they have burning on the tables. Very cozy under the fall Monterey skies.....

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The fire pits outside are very inviting to have a beer or glass of wine at before going to bed. Benches around the fires lend themselves to meeting other people and having conversations if you choose.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We came here on a visit to Monterey because of a Travelzoo deal we bought. 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2-5.5oz beers. When we were seated, we told the waitress we had the Travelzoo deal and it was like she was disappointed. For our 2 apps, we had the Cali Mari and Crab, Artichoke & Spinach dip. Nothing really to write home about. The calimari dipping sauce was tasty, but they only gave us 5 croustini with our dip. I asked for more, which they finally brought almost 15 minutes later, and at the same time that our food came out.

I had the shrimp penne and my husband had the swedish meatballs. His dish was delicious, but my shrimp had a strange taste to it.. almost like it was burnt or something-- very fish taste and smell. But the shrimp were large in size and the portions were decent. I had the Blonde Ale which was pretty good.

For most of the meal, we didn't really see the waitress and she hardly smiled. It's a sports bar, so it was very loud. Of course, you can't complain about that because you have to expect that going to a Brewpub..

The coupon deal wasn't really worth it, because after tipping on the original amount, you end up spending probably more because we didn't really enjoy our appetizers, and we wouldn't normally get appetizers anyway. It was kind of a rip off, and we probably wouldn't have chosen to eat here other than buying the coupon deal.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Food is just ok, I had fish with coleslaw which looked really sad like it just came from the freezer to the fryer to the table.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let me start by saying I was a big fan of Peter B's. Yesterday, my wife and I went there for dinner on a Travel Zoo purchase. Basically a set price for a beer, appetizer and an entree. Honestly their food was great. The Fort Ord Wheat Beer was cold and and tasty. We had Wings and beef for appetizer. Both pretty good although I would order the 50/50 beef again. Entrees were a burger (awesome) and Fennel/shrimp pasta (wonderful). However, the service was atrocious. I had to call the waited numerous times and he never delivered the water or the extra plates we asked for. He was very polite, but he never brought us what we asked for nor did he stay in the area. We had to to the front desk several times to ask for our waiter. There did not seem to be anybody in charge. The nuts were running the asylum!

Anyway, we finally got some take home boxes and I gave him my credit card to pay. The taxes and tip were the only thing on the card since the meal was payed for in advance. He returned and disappeared again. The actual charge on my card was (wait for it...) $1.19 over what the amount due was. I noticed it but had no one to complain to so I went up to the desk, where an older man couldn't help me. He searched out the offending waiter to take care of it. When I showed him, he said he was sorry and he reached into his pocket and gave me a dollar. Now I know that he is stealing from customers at this point, so I'm not going to make it easy on him. " You still owe me nineteen cents", I said. He reached in and gave me another quarter. I did come out 6 cents ahead, but without my attention and persistence, he would have stolen from me. I'm sure he does this with other customers besides me and my wife and no one was there on a Saturday(9/14/2013) to speak to about it.

This experience made me feel timid about returning to a restaurant that I really liked. I will be more hesitant to go there now because I don't feel comfortable with them playing with my credit card. After this post, I am also going to write to the management if I can find them on the internet. I wish there was a manager there on site who could have prevented this waiter from trying to take advantage of me and my wife. BTW - I'm 60 years old, so I've seen this type of fraud before especially in the Vegas Casino's but it's definitely a first on the Monterey Peninsula.