“Great food and dining experience”
Review of The Club Room

The Club Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Club Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 312 Restaurants in Monterey
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alvarado & Del Monte
Description: The Club Room is located in the heart of downtown and inside the Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay. Start your morning off in a relaxing and cozy fireside dining room while enjoying a European-style breakfast buffet served with Peet’s Coffee® and bottomless mimosas. Open daily, The Club Room utilizes local and fresh ingredients to serve plates carefully crafted by our Executive Chef Danny Abbruzzese and his culinary team. Offering a fresh, seasonal, buffet featuring made-to-order omelets, assorted house made pastries and muffins, sliced cold cuts, fine artisan cheeses, bottomless mimosas, and much more. Dine in the cozy fireside dining room, or breathe in the fresh coastal air on the outdoor, pet-friendly, heated patio.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is probably pretty upscale for alot of travelers - it's in a nicer hotel and we went there after figuring out how limited teh menu was at the micro-brewery next door that shares a kitchen with 'Jacks'. Impeccable service and dynamite food - salad, filet, bottle of wine and her osso buco came to about $100 plus tip, so it was very reasonable for Monterey. They are worth a look.

2  Thank Paul_Karen_Atlanta

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I liked the convenience of having a good breakfast without having to check out of the hotel and looking for something on the run. The breakfast was good, lots of variety and was included in the price of the room which is a major plus. This offer is not always available.

2  Thank snookiet
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Came in to dine in Jacks Restaurant for no special occasion. Just to just to try it out sort of thing. And I am glad I did! Jacks has just redone their menu and my wonderful server, Haley, was AMAZING, intuitive, nice (smile), and did I mentioned AMAZING? She gave the perfect recommendations for my liking to try, for example, the new clams app is Soo good. Also, I couldn't decide what kind of alcohol beverage I wanted, but she was there to help me through the way.

Haley's friendly smile, her professional advice, and her Impeccable service just made me have add a new "To-Go-To restaurant" in my list.

Go check it out.

2  Thank Da_Father
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food is high quality and the service is superb. The restaurant is well appointed and a comfortable atmosphere for business but also for romance. I did not try dinner here, but have had breakfast on four different occasions and have always been pleased. The french toast is a must order with fresh berries on top.

3  Thank Kitalexi
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went to dinner with my fiance and we loved the service and our food was amazing. We started our meal off with crab cakes as an appetizer and my fiance tried one of the Peter B's beers (which he loved). We both had steak for our main course; my filet mignon just melted in my mouth! I love the atmosphere of the restaurant and the staff was very friendly and very quick to refill our drinks and assist us with any requests we had. We will be back!

2  Thank Colette M