“Best sandwiches in town.”

Randy's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #74 of 327 Restaurants in Monterey
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This little place is on a side street and locals only I suspect since it is of the beaten path. Breakfast sandwiches are great, Bacon, egg, potato with hot sauce and Jalapeno is my favorite. Or the chicken sandwich with Jalapenos and hot sauce. I have been eating there for 30+ years and just went there this morning. Enjoy

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

This place is brilliant. Loads of choice of fillings. Very good value for money. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed August 9, 2018

I love this place! I've only been twice, but it's my new favorite place for sandwiches! I just got the Godfather... the balsamic/herb mix they put on it is SO delicious. We also got the Italian roast beef sandwich, which was seriously tender, half well done & half medium, with sweet peppers. Everything I've had is so good! The bread is seriously fresh, so soft... you can tell they go through all their bread quickly. Be advised, it's cash only, but luckily for all of us, the prices are so very fair ($5 for the Godfather!!), and they are so fast... I don't know how they do it. Don't be discouraged if there is a line down the sidewalk- they are lightning fast.You will not be disappointed... but you will if you show up after 2pm, when they close! You'll know why, when you see how many sandwiches they pump out of there! Great staff, and you can tell that it's a favorite for locals... people were chatting with the workers as though this place is a neighborhood hub. Try it!!

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Hole in the wall and out if the way sandwich shop. Small place with only fridges and a counter inside. Only one bench outside to sit. Menu is small but features classics as well as specials. I choose one of the David’s Special which tasted like a meatball sub but with sliced beef. They have assorted chips and drinks as well.

Food came out quick, but lacked flavor and quality. I wish the bread came toasted.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I had the good fortune of a friend giving me a Randy’s sandwich to eat while we were playing golf. Not sure exactly what it was other than terrific! Nice combo of a couple types of meat, cheese, lettuce and pickles. Now I’ll go and order (and pay) for my own.