“Quick, cheap, good!”

Randy's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #67 of 312 Restaurants in Monterey
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We yelped local places for food, we were looking for something cheap and quick..Sandwhich was huge, place was tiny, old and worn down, but the food was really good.. we got our sandwhiches to go because there was no other options, and went to a local coffee shop to get good coffee and ate outside... They dont toast bread, us east coasters find that odd, but regardless was good and I ate my entire sandwhich which filled me up til dinner time

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stopped for lunch last week. I had the turkey club which was good and really big, my husband was less than thrilled with his pastrami though. We were in and out really quickly, but keep in mind that you literally just tell them which sandwich you want and they make it without asking what you want on it. $11.00 for two sandwiches, no drinks or chips.

1  Thank cf0wler
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stop by Randy's on the was to work every few weeks. I get the breakfast sandwich, $4.50, and then share half of it to with lucky co-worker when I arrive at the office. Fast efficent service, take out only, a locals favorite. Great food at great prices.

2  Thank baycycle
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed the night in a motel close to Highway 1 so we could head off first thing in the morning to travel the Pacific Coast Highway. I found Randy's on TripAdvisor when looking for a place to grab sandwiches to take with us and it turned out to be just a 2 minute walk from our motel. I forgot the part on TA where people said that the sandwiches were HUGE and I ordered 2 breakfast sandwiches and 2 sandwiches for lunch - total about $20. Fortunately we had a small cooler with us, because those sandwiches ended up being breakfast, lunch and dinner plus dinner the next day! A stop for ice cream on the PCH was our only other food expenditure! They open up at 7:30, but we got there about 7:15 and were the first customers of the day; by the time we left the line was out the door - mostly manly men on their way to work. They know a good buy!

3  Thank OldLadyVagabond
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wow....I stumpled across this place while walking back to the Hyatt from downtown. It was closed at the time, but it sure looked like a local place not to miss. I came back the next day and had the breakfast sandwich. At an amazing price of $4.75, I got an awesome sandwich of eggs, spices and bacon. Soooo, good. If this place was near my house, I'd be there every day.

1  Thank CACAtraveler