“Breakfast”

Loulou's Griddle In The Middle
Ranked #7 of 317 Restaurants in Monterey
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Loulou's Griddle in the Middle is the tiny diner on Wharf #2. We always say we're "tiny but mighty." We cook with a lot of heart, soul, and deep care about every detail. We aim to make your experience comfortable, fun, delicious, and a little like being at a home-away-from-home. The kitchen is open so you can see our chefs preparing right in front of you. Our community of customers--both local and visitors from far away--also make Loulou's special. We bend over backwards to accomodate your requests, when we can, and we might crown you with a tiara if your requests are many....but all in fun. The diner opened in 1948, so it's rich with history. We're blessed with one customer, Henry, who has been coming EVERY morning since 1948 and he's earned a customized stool, a plaque, his own coffee mug, and a warm place in our hearts.
Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

Went there for a breakfast and their seafood omelet was excellent. The service was great and the waitress was very attentive. My first time I ate there and I'll definitely will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed June 30, 2015

I NEVER would've eaten here had I not looked at all the great reviews. It is teeny, tiny and not very appealing to look at. They don't even have a restroom. HOWEVER, all that is overlooked by the great personal service and the fabulous, fresh food. Our server was super nice and her helper was also great. I got the sand dabs and clam chowder and ate every bite. Best clam chowder ever and we had just been in San Francisco and tried several there. My husband got a halibut special and he said it was definitely fresh off the boat. Get there early to get a table. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Michelle O
Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

You might have to wait a few minutes cause its crowded, but it's worth it. I had the oatmeal worth the candied nuts on top, so yummy. It's fun watching the cooks work their magic too. We are planning a trip in a couple of weeks, and we will be back there.

Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

LouLou's was great. We sat at the bar and chatted with the cooks. Our waitress suggested the fried calamari steak and eggs. It was an eye opening experience. So good and fresh. More than enough food and walked away stuffed. Best breakfast in Monterey.

1  Thank Doug F
Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

Went with my bf to try and we're pleased we didn't go elsewhere. We surely didn't leave hungry, as we both had an omelet which came with potatoes and toast. We wanted to try the hubcap pancake and French toast too but we just couldn't make it fit! Definitely coming back again. Service was great and although the wait was 30 min they're on the pier and we got to walk around and enjoy life. Great job guys, we were very pleased.

1  Thank DeandraM368