“A Refreshing find in a Desert of Food Mediocrity”

Loulou's Griddle In The Middle
Ranked #7 of 317 Restaurants in Monterey
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Loulou's Griddle in the Middle is the tiny diner on Wharf #2. We always say we're "tiny but mighty." We cook with a lot of heart, soul, and deep care about every detail. We aim to make your experience comfortable, fun, delicious, and a little like being at a home-away-from-home. The kitchen is open so you can see our chefs preparing right in front of you. Our community of customers--both local and visitors from far away--also make Loulou's special. We bend over backwards to accomodate your requests, when we can, and we might crown you with a tiara if your requests are many....but all in fun. The diner opened in 1948, so it's rich with history. We're blessed with one customer, Henry, who has been coming EVERY morning since 1948 and he's earned a customized stool, a plaque, his own coffee mug, and a warm place in our hearts.
Reviewed June 26, 2015

This is a very touristy area along the beach, and most of the the restaurants reflect that. Tourist traps with very disappointing fare. I was so pleased to find this excellent restaurant, with very well prepared seafood and varied main dishes. The ambiance is great, and there is often live music available. I was delighted with the service as well. And a great bar also! You will enjoy it, I can almost guarantee it!

2  Thank Drrick56
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed June 26, 2015 via mobile

The service is awesome, the food' seven better, and the leftovers from the chocolate chip hubcap pancake my kids split is going to be breakfast for days - it was HUGE!! So glad we live nearby; can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Kristi S
Reviewed June 25, 2015 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast with our family of 5. Friendly and attentive staff. Great food. We had the pancakes, French toast and omlettes. All were very tasty. The pancake is about the size of a trash can lid so I'd share next time. Fun atmosphere on the wharf.

Reviewed June 22, 2015

Lots of fresh ingredients at LouLous, but the seafood is the star. Enjoyed fresh halibut fish fry which was tender, moist, and mild. It was plentiful and served with a salad of fresh greens. The only disappointment was the frozen fries. The service was helpful with a team effort to keep drinks filled and the table cleared. The outdoor tables are worth the wait and the hostess will take your number and call when one is ready usually within a short wait.

Reviewed June 22, 2015

My wife and I went here for lunch. We had the clam chowder, then the squid, then the prawns. All three were fantastic! Both the squid and prawns were among the best I have ever had. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Mitchll