“Truly the only place for Calamari in the world!!!”

Golden Tee Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 308 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Yes, yes, I know it is an airport restaurant but believe me, for more decades than I care to acknowledge, the place has been the place for calamari and it still is. It is an absolute must for a calamari lover---how they make it so tender I do not know but it is superb.

You can sit and watch the planes land and take-off if you like or just enjoy a glass of wine and chat with a pleasant bartender but you won't regret choosing this item.

I've heard the sand dabs are good, too, but I can't get past the calamari sandwich.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We hadn't been able to get breakfast where we stayed the night before and so we were delighted to find this most unexpected treasure. We had a very good cooked breakfast (decent price), served by pleasant staff whilst looking out to Monterey Bay. It could not have been better and looking at the other reviews I can't wait to go back and have dinner or lunch.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Golden Tee is like a roadside diner or small town restaurant - and it's a gem to find at the Monterey airport while waiting for a flight. The restaurant has a full bar and wines by the glass as well. I'd recommend the mushroom burger. You know it's good when a burger is messy - and this one is! Checkout the Golden Tee - it's worth it! Oh - and if you have limited time to eat, because of your flight schedule - just tell the wait-staff and they will do their best to rush your order for you. While you're waiting - you'll have a great view of the airport runways as well.

1  Thank GareThere
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had a flight to Phoenix the other day and stopped at the Golden Tee overlooking the airport runways for lunch. This was such an experience. To watch the small and large aircraft taking off and landing while sipping on a glass of white wine and enjoying lunch at the same time.

1  Thank marcdenari
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant was such a pleasant surprise for me on a recent trip to Monterey! I found out firsthand why this is a local's choice, meeting here to celebrate a friend's birthday.
A unassuming place, who's greatest quality is it's most excellent staff.
I had the sea bass, always my first choice whenever it is available. Perfect portion, and cooked just right.
The waitress was absolutely wonderful, and exactly matched in service by the busman. The bartender too! The culture in the Golden Tee is fun, friendly, and FINE!
With parking validation, an excellent value too.
If I lived in the area, I would make this a regular stop.

1  Thank yippyiay