“Good Service”

Doorbell Dining
Ranked #231 of 307 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had troubles placing our order so my husband called and they took it over the phone. We had them deliver from a local italian resturant. They said the food would take an hour to arive and it did. The prices were steep but for what it is it works well and everyone seemed really nice!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I only Yelp if its amazing or awful and this sucks. The girl on the phone was kinda nice but the food came cold to touch (literally, my food was so cold it felt like it had been picked up an hour before being delivered....so cold my sauce was congealed on my appetizer) and smelled AWFUL...and I got CaliforniaPizzaKitchen which I've had 100 times before getting it myself...so bad I had to throw out based on smell.....talk about a waste of money. Not to mention a delivery driver with an attitude about receiving a 20% tip (more than generous considering) plus being charged for utensils I never received.

Awful, first and last time.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

ATTENTION MANAGEMENT

Service has gone down hill recently.. We've used doorbell dining for one of our guests at a hotel in Marina CA. Delivery times also run about 1 hour to 1.5 hours, so plan well in advance.

We called and gave them our ADDRESS AND ZIP CODE in "MARINA, CA" Hint MARINA CA 93933"

After about an hour and a half some one called and stated that "We can't deliver to your food in Marina CA, unless you pay us more money for our drivers" we have stopped using their service TODAY. Originally they had a good idea, but the company has gotten greedy in our view. Not only are they making a profit on the food you buy (we've heard about 20%), plus the delivery charge itself, but now they include a mandatory tip of 15% in most cases. Isn't a tip supposed to be for good service? I guess not with Doorbell Dining.

And as mentioned, be prepared, because when they decide that their profit, the delivery charge, and mandatory tip aren't enough, then they may attempt to extort an even higher tip on the phone from you or refuse delivery (after they have taken your order of course). It's no way to run a business if you ask me.

Here's a tip for Doorbell dining: get your act together, because it's just as easy to call a pizza place directly and save not only money, but having to deal with your staff.

On behalf of a very unsatisfied customer

1  Thank Ernie M
Reviewed May 9, 2012

They had some good restaurant choices, however we ordered on Easter and several of the places either were closed or closed early. Prices were a bit steep...however overall the food was pretty good and delivery time was reasonable.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

it was a great way to start our vacation, we were so tired after driving almost 8 hours to get here and being able to order food to be delivered was a life savor. food was delivered hot and the delivery peson was very friendly.