“One of my favorites”

Ranked #21 of 311 Restaurants in Monterey
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Was able to visit the Sandbar in early November while my girlfriend attended a conference nearby. I have been here before while in the area on business. Love the atmosphere overlooking the marina. Small and cozy. I think the food is fantastic, local favorites like the sand dabs and clam chowder. I had some oysters on the half shell, just the right size. Great service at the bar, drinks just right. Will always try to stop in here when in town. Casual, reservations okay, just in case but usually able to walk in, sometimes may have to wait a little. Don't pass this little gem up!

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Bloody Mary mix, not fresh, sauces with the food also tasted premixed, not fresh made and the descriptions of the dishes we ordered were not what turned up.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were advised by the bar tender in Pebble Beach golf course about this place. the location on the water was great and worth it almost for that. The food was fresh and large so you wouldn't go hungry! It was nice home made style food so suited me fine and the staff were very attentive. The staff knew lots of the customers so obvioulsy locals come back again and again which is always a good sign.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our family made reservations to go to this restaurant and we were seated almost immediately. The location and scenery was AWESOME however I felt the food was lacking, just a bit. There were many options and a nice variety but nothing that really stood out in my mind. If you're looking for a simple place, I would go to the Sandbar and Grill but take caution because the prices are slightly high!!

1  Thank Kate W
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The food was good and the oysters were very fresh. The restaurant is located on the wharf. You look right out onto the water. Great spot. Service was excellent. I ordered the shrimp special which had fresh crab cake on it. Enjoyed it. Great selection of wines here at reasonable prices. They also had very good chowder. You can't go wrong!