“Dine with the Locals”

Ranked #17 of 306 Restaurants in Monterey
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This amazing out of the way place is on Wharf # 2 in Monterey. It has a wonderful collection of sea food dishes and the staff is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reading these reviews I wonder if they really ate there! My husband and I went to dinner on Saturday evening. Yes, we got a waterfront table and everything seemed perfect. I was quite excited to try this place as it had been recommended to us. We elected to wait for a drink as we wanted a nice bottle of 'local' wine with our meal. The waitress asked us if we were ready to order, we told her not yet, she said sarcastically 'good' and walked off. My husband and I just looked at each other wondering what that was all about. That seemed to set the tone for the rest of the evening. My husband picked a bottle of wine from the 'local wine list' and we proceeded to order our meal. I had the steamed mussels in a white wine sauce and my husband ordered the sand dabs served over polenta with a white wine sauce. A sauce to us should be flavorful but unfortunately on both our meals the sauce was watery and awful. My mussels were gritty and flavorless, I couldn't finish my meal. Now the wine was good but it was not local. We expected a wine from the Monterey area and ended up getting a wine that was from Ripon, California...5 miles from our home town! We were just extremely disappointed with the food and the general attitude of the wait staff. We did voice our discontentment with the manager, but he did nothing! We will never go there again and will never recommend this place to any of our family and friends that visit Monterey.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Super staff...real buzz in the restaurant and bar.very popular but quick turnaround....food very fresh and beautifully cooked!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Make sure you call ahead for reservations if you want a waterfront seat as this place fills ups quickly! We called early in the day for a Thursday night in September AFTER Labor Day and most time slots were already filled for a window table. Three in our party had eaten here together several years ago and enjoyed the food, so the four of us returned and were not disappointed. The service (by Steve) was great and the food delicious. The sand dabs were cooked to perfection and very delicious. One in our party ordered the calamari steak parmesan and absolutely loved it--never had it before! The tab for 4 dinners, 2 clam chowders(not the best I've ever had but the guys who ordered it liked it) and 4 bar drinks came to $117 (without tip). As there was a car show in one of the lots that night, parking was a challenge but not impossible and what a great way to walk off some of those calories!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Right on the water in Monterey. Blackened Seabass was done just right and delicious. Generous portions. Less touristy than a lot of other Monterey seafood joints. Highly recommend.