“Mmmmm”

Paris Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 24 Dessert in Monterey
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Paris Bakery has two locations to better serve you. One is located in downtown Monterey, two blocks from Alvarado; and the other is in the center of Seaside on Broadway Ave. We are open seven days a week and offer indoor and outdoor seating for your convenience. We make a large variety of baked goods: fresh breads, breakfast pastries, cookies and French pastries. We use the best espresso and coffee beans for your coffee drinks to go with our exquisite pastries. We also have an amazing lunch menu with daily specials. We serve sandwiches, salads, soups, wraps, panini and a lot more. We also serve wine and beer. We make all products fresh daily from scratch, with all-naturals ingredients without preservatives or additives. We have been in business for more than 26 years. Family business. 271 Bonifacio Plaza, Monterey: open at 6am daily. 1232 Broadway Ave., Seaside: open at 7am daily.
Pacific Grove, California
“Mmmmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

It's all good! Smells wonderful, fair price, good coffee, great sandwiches, and fabulous baked goods.

Surrey, United Kingdom
“Best place for breakfast in Monterey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I found the Paris Bakery Cafe by accident whilst staying in Monterey for a couple of days. What a find. The service was prompt and friendly and all the food looked mouth watering. There was so much choice for breakfast it was hard to know what to choose. Ended up going back two days in a row and also getting a take out lunch. Well worth it.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andrew050665
Augusta, Georgia
“New favorite when looking for baked items”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This is not just the closest thing we have found to a French style bakery since returning from Paris, this place is actually BETTER than some of the ones we visited in Paris.

If you are in Monterey, and you haven't visited this place, you are doing something wrong. I highly recommend it for that late morning/early afternoon starter or to grab something deliciously sweet to take home. There is also a great bread selection if you have a craving for a baguette or the like!

(And their sandwiches are darn good too!)

1 Thank cato1978
bay area, ca
“Oh my goodness this place is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were in the Monterey area for a long weekend. I remember coming here in the past (a few years ago) but forgot how delicious all the pastries are. We actually came by twice during our visit. On one day, I got the almond croissant (probably the best almond croissant I've ever had), my son and husband each tried the black forest cake. The next day, we came back and loaded up on pastries to take home. I got another almond croissant, a few other croissants, strawberry mousse cake, and tiramisou. My husband later commented "Wow, pretty much everything at that bakery is good". Yup! I can't wait to come back. The prices are very reasonable too.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank liberrygal
“Amazing pastries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

One of my first stops when I come to Monterey. The princess cakes are one of the best things I've ever eaten! It's always busy and always fresh. Perfect spot for a quick breakfast.

• Visited August 2013