“Worth the trip.”

Paris Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 24 Dessert in Monterey
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Paris Bakery has two locations to better serve you. One is located in downtown Monterey, two blocks from Alvarado; and the other is in the center of Seaside on Broadway Ave. We are open seven days a week and offer indoor and outdoor seating for your convenience. We make a large variety of baked goods: fresh breads, breakfast pastries, cookies and French pastries. We use the best espresso and coffee beans for your coffee drinks to go with our exquisite pastries. We also have an amazing lunch menu with daily specials. We serve sandwiches, salads, soups, wraps, panini and a lot more. We also serve wine and beer. We make all products fresh daily from scratch, with all-naturals ingredients without preservatives or additives. We have been in business for more than 26 years. Family business. 271 Bonifacio Plaza, Monterey: open at 6am daily. 1232 Broadway Ave., Seaside: open at 7am daily.
USA
“Worth the trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you're in Monterey for the attractions, it's worth the time to go downtown and seek out this little gem. I'd give it five stars but for a few small issues. The morning I came here, I was the first one in the store. I was seeking a pastry I've eaten in Paris called La Religieuse. They had chocolate-filled eclairs - essentially the same thing in a different shape. The pâte à choux was slightly tough and crumbly but, if you haven't had homemade pâte à choux or are not familiar with it, you might not notice the textural problem (perhaps I just had it on an off day?). The creme patissiere, on the other hand, was divine. I also had the ham and cheese croissant here. The girl at the counter told me she would call me after it was heated. I waited several minutes and watched a family of six or more plus several other customers come in and get served. Finally, I got up to inquire about it. It was sitting behind the counter and had gotten cold. She had forgotten it and me. I asked her to reheat it and she did so gladly. Even after suffering this fate, the reheated croissant was absolutely delicious. The variety here is amazing. Croissant in flavors like chocolate banana, almond, and raspberry, plus savory flavors like onion cheese and spinach and broccoli. There were Princess pastries, sables, quiche....so much to choose from. My biggest disappointment was - no drinking chocolate. Powdered icky-sweet chocolate drink mix? A travesty in a place that obviously appreciates finer French confections. PS. I felt that the prices were EXTREMELY reasonable especially given the area and the quality.

• Visited November 2013

Utah
“YUMMM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Quiche like I have never had- and the desserts.....
Service was quick, efficient, and pleasant. Get there early, they are popular!

Buffalo, New York
“Almost like Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband a I are frequent travelers now that we are retired so we get the opportunity to try dining out at a lot of different venues. The pastries at this Cafe were some of the best we have ever had. So fresh with excellent flavor and definitely worth the calories. I didn't try the bread, but it looked wonderful. Next time we are in Monterey we will stop again. I think it's a must if you're looking for a sweet something to start or end the day.

Carmel, California, United States
“Nice place for a quick sandwich and dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had probably the best Croque Monsieur I have ever had, fluffy, cheesy, tasty. I also had a very nice almond meringue. The place may not be fancy, but the service is very pleasant. And you can bring home great breads and desserts ranging from perfect baguettes and macaroons to their beautiful and tasty Princess Cake. I have yet to find a better bakery in the area.

Sonora, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Bakery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is my favorite stop anytime I get to drive through Monterey. There is such a wide selection of pastries, cookies, and breads that the hardest part is just deciding which ones you will partake in this visit! I am a fan of the cinnamon twists and cream cheese croissant but there are just too many other wonderful choices to describe. Highly recommend a stop by here take some pastries and a hot coffee to go if you want a nice breakfast at the beach or stay and enjoy the great atmosphere of the cafe!