“Simply Fantastic!”

Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Monterey
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Paris Bakery has two locations to better serve you. One is located in downtown Monterey, two blocks from Alvarado; and the other is in the center of Seaside on Broadway Ave. We are open seven days a week and offer indoor and outdoor seating for your convenience. We make a large variety of baked goods: fresh breads, breakfast pastries, cookies and French pastries. We use the best espresso and coffee beans for your coffee drinks to go with our exquisite pastries. We also have an amazing lunch menu with daily specials. We serve sandwiches, salads, soups, wraps, panini and a lot more. We also serve wine and beer. We make all products fresh daily from scratch, with all-naturals ingredients without preservatives or additives. We have been in business for more than 26 years. Family business. 271 Bonifacio Plaza, Monterey: open at 6am daily. 1232 Broadway Ave., Seaside: open at 7am daily.
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Trip Advisor, what a great find. I was having a craving for a pastry/dessert after avoiding them for over two months due to marathon training, and the Paris Bakery did not disappoint. I arrived about 6:30 AM and was greeted by the friendly owner who was happy to assist with my questions and even go I to the back to get additional cookies I requested. I walked out with three bags of pastries for our group and a French baguette just because it looked so good. Everything was delicious!
My only regret is that they do not have a location closer to my home in Florida.

There are newer reviews for Paris Bakery Cafe

Reviewed June 15, 2013

What a great place to eat! Really good pastries sandwiches and more. Parking right outside - up to one hour - you can take your time to enjoy this really good cafe- they also have other snacks should you feel the need. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spotted this place driving past and decided it looked as if it would do a good, cheap lunch. It most certainly did! I had a small salads Nicoise and my husband had a chef's salad with chicken. The food was really good and flavoursome! My husband then had a custard brioche and coffee. All for under $18! I have no hesitation in recommending this cafe/bakery. The bread and cakes are as good as any you will find in France. ( in fact, probably better! )

1  Thank julia954
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My fiance and I went here for lunch. I ordered a pesto chicken panini and my fiance ordered a BLT. Both were amazing! His BLT was probably the biggest one I've ever seen. Also the prices were great considering we were in Monterey. We will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank MMD06
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a couple pastries for breakfast and some coffee from here. Coffee was very good. I had a chocolate filled croissant that they heated for me. Perfectly flakey and chocolatey throughout. Loved it. Then I had a Almond Croissant...not sure how it was supposed to be texture wise but it was like it wasn't cooked in the center. The flavor was amazing but the texture began to gross me out. It's not like they were thick either, rather flat so I kind of think it was just the way that pastry is. I would definately go back but just ask more questions before I jump in.

1  Thank tecnicole