“OMG! Not GOOOOD”

Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Monterey
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Paris Bakery has two locations to better serve you. One is located in downtown Monterey, two blocks from Alvarado; and the other is in the center of Seaside on Broadway Ave. We are open seven days a week and offer indoor and outdoor seating for your convenience. We make a large variety of baked goods: fresh breads, breakfast pastries, cookies and French pastries. We use the best espresso and coffee beans for your coffee drinks to go with our exquisite pastries. We also have an amazing lunch menu with daily specials. We serve sandwiches, salads, soups, wraps, panini and a lot more. We also serve wine and beer. We make all products fresh daily from scratch, with all-naturals ingredients without preservatives or additives. We have been in business for more than 26 years. Family business. 271 Bonifacio Plaza, Monterey: open at 6am daily. 1232 Broadway Ave., Seaside: open at 7am daily.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“OMG! Not GOOOOD”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

WOW, I can't believe this is #3. This place is awful! I have tried it twice and was with someone so total tried 5 different things - food and pastry. Maybe it's because I have been to actual bakeries in Paris - but this place is so awful. Only in the USA would this 'bakery' be rated this way. Wow. - If you are looking for something resembling a bakery - or at least the taste - I suggest Wild Plum!!! They have lots of fresh products and offer organic items! So tasty! Don't spend your money here - tourist trap - just because of the location. Wild Plum is on Munras a couple blocks from this place.

• Visited November 2012
PARISB55, Guest Relations Manager at Paris Bakery Cafe, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi Daisy,
We wanted to respond to your review to tell you how sorry we are that you had a bad experience. It is very strange for us to have such a bad review. We stand behind all our products which are made daily from scratch using all the best ingredients.
We have been in business for almost 30 years; and most of our recipe comes from the owner who is French & had two bakeries in Paris.
Please consider giving us another chance in the future. We are sure that you will change your mind!!!
Thank you for honesty tho.
Paris Bakery

Monterey, California
“Happiness behind Glass”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

When I visit the Paris Bakery, I feel happy just scanning the beautiful pastries behind the glass. I always buy baguettes, though. For a party, fruit tart and Princess cake. For my kids, pastries (if I can resist eating them on the way home.). Half of the store is a bakery, half a cafe. We've had lunch there as well but it's not to die for like the bakery portion.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Anne M
Seaside, California
“Great Little Café”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love the Paris Bakery Cafe. It's a great little place to go and have a cup of coffee with a friend. They make some really neat-looking pastries as well. Every now and then, I'll stop in after work to buy a pastry to take home for my daughters.

• Visited December 2012
hawaii
“French baking secret is out!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you don't understand the three secrets to French cuisine are butter, butter, and butter then please go find a fast food chain. If you have a difficult time making up your mind, you may feel overwhelmed with the choices. With that said, this is worth the minimal trouble in finding (we have an idiot inside our GPS). We were told about this place by a friend and are happy about that. We will be back whenever we are in Monterey.

We had some basic croissants and purchased one of their open-faced sandwiches for afternoon pupus. Their food melted in our mouths and was the perfect accompaniment to our Chardonnay from Burgundy (appelation added only so you would understand the winemaking style, not for pretentious purposes). We are avid about food and wine pairings, so it is very important that the food be of incredible quality when paired with a $40 bottle of Chard.

It is a small place, so I would plan on take away rather than deal with the crowd. I was surprised that "Cafe" was part of the name. My spouse is a formally trained pastry chef and she would agree with everything I have said.

• Visited November 2012
Carmel, California
“Wonderful, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I really love coming to this place. The coffee is great as are their pastries and bread. service has always been exceptional and a special thank you to Alma and Michele for always being kind and welcoming!

• Visited January 2013