Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
El Castell Motel(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$69
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$124
$195
Spindrift Inn(Monterey)
$229
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$105
$87
ComfortInn
$422
$269
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$125
$114
$246
Hotwire.com
1,481 results
All reviewstapas restaurantwild plumcannery rowfire pitheated poolfisherman's wharfon site restaurantalvarado streetfree parkingdowntown montereyfitness centerbed was very comfortablemain buildingnice stayking roommile drivethe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We've been to a number of places that allow our maltapoo, but this was one of the nicest (& cleanest!). There was also a wonderful tapas restaurant with a patio so all of us could enjoy the sumptuous food and gentle evening air. We came for the Big Sur marathon but will return again and again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank LeChat123
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline and had the "cozy queen" room which was rather small. This however didnt bother us because we only stayed for one night...but if you are staying any longer consider that before booking...bathroom is super tiny. I live in NY and have stayed at several hotels in Manhattan and this is the smallest room I have ever stayed in.
The reception desk personnel was pleasant when we checked in and out. I requested a mini-fridge for our room due to food allergies I tend to travel with a cooler and they honored my request which was great.
This was a clean room...average bedding etc. and fit our needs but not a 4/5 star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

this is a first class hotel. it has everything, beautiful grounds, wonderful staff, completely comfortable rooms, great food..the location in perfect for all the great things there are to do in monterey.

Room Tip: just tell them what you need
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Casa Munras has made a name for itself for its amazing hospitality and historic charm. Every member of the front desk staff seems to be an expert on the city, and totally willing to make your stay at the hotel and in Monterey a memorable experience. I've been to Casa Munras many times and have enjoyed the quality amenities and great location the hotel has to offer and would absolutely recommend it as an affordable and charming place to stay in Monterey. In my experience there, front desk staff like Nick, Andrew, Cynthia and Bob and Sabrina have gone out of the way to make my time there great. Also, the hotel has free parking, which is uncommon for other downtown Monterey hotels. And the on-site tapas restaurant Esteban has a great happy hour that's sort of a local's secret.

Room Tip: The rooms in the 500s building tend to be quiet, as do upper floor rooms. Upstairs rooms in the 70s building in the rear of the property have nice views of downtown Monterey.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Skip room 111 and definitely don't book through Priceline because you will get a bad room! The "cozy queen" does not have a desk despite the representation made on the hotel's website. Likewise, there is no bath tub, no bath mat and only two towels. We have no curtain in the bathroom, no fridge and no free outlet by the nightstands. Furthermore, despite the hotel having quiet hours, the restaurant: bar blares music well past 9:00 pm!

My recommendation-- SKIP This hotel if you are looking for a 3 1/2 star, but visit to eat and drink on the patio. You'll enjoy the outdoor seating, fire pit and tapas, but not have to deal with the cruddy room.

Did I mention the hairs all over out bathroom? Yes, that too. I really wish I was staying in the beautiful lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013