Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
Hotel Abrego(Monterey)
$219
$189
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$95
Monterey Marriott(Monterey)
$269
$249
  • Restaurant
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$165
$151
Travelocity
1,486 results
All reviewstapas restaurantwild plumcannery rowfire pitheated poolfisherman's wharfon site restaurantalvarado streetfree parkingdowntown montereyfitness centerbed was very comfortablemain buildingnice stayking roommile drivethe room was nice
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The hotel is clean and staff is helpful, and the grounds is beautiful with plants and flowers everywhere which is well kept and very neat. It looks as though the groundskeeper(s) are proud of the work they do. It definitely shows with blooming flowers and clean grounds. Kudos to the groundskeepers for doing an excellent job.

Room Tip: A room in the back of the property, it's quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
sabrinajs, Front Office Manager at Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for your stay, and your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and the hotel grounds in particular. We do have great landscaping. My favorite are the bouganvillea vines that bloom in the fall. We hope you choose the Casa Munras again should your travels bring you back to Monterey.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here with a friend in early Dec 2012. Enjoyed this hotel, very nice revamp by Larkspur to this older property. Beds & room amenities were very comfortable. Lobby & business office were nice as well. Great location & easy walking downtown. We were there for Christmas in the Adobes, and I would stay here again.
Only negative was the hotel restaurant....definitely not up to par with the rest of the hotel at all.
Tapas were really mediocre & not terribly authentic, and the service was awful....I'm sorry to say. We only dined there at night after the Adobes tour, for a quick light bite, and it was very disappointing. I do hope the hotel will take note of this & step up the level to match everything else in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelsetsmefree55
sabrinajs, Front Office Manager at Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Monterey for Christmas in the Adobes. That is such a great event and really showcases some of Monterey's rich Spanish history. Perhaps you chose Casa Munras for this reason as well? As you may be aware Casa Munras was the residence of the last Spanish diplomat to California, Don Esteban Munras. He built Casa Munras or "La Granja" as it was called in 1824. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel, but truly sorry that the restaurant did not meet your expectations. We take your feedback very seriously. Should you care to discuss your stay further I can be reached at (831)-233-7902.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Monteray is really beautiful and the 17 mile drive the best I have ever seen. But what made the trip memorable was the hotel. From the staff to the property everything was beautiful. The restaurant by the fire place was amazing. I look forward to going back to Monteray and if i do - I will certainly be staying at the Casa Munras again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
sabrinajs, Front Office Manager at Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Casa Munras on your recent visit to Monterey. I'm so happy to hear that the Casa Munras and Esteban restaurant were highlights of your visit. Should your travels bring you back to Monterey we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have stayed at several hotels in the Monterey area but had never stayed here before. We were looking for a place close to downtown and close to our son's home. I checked out the reviews on Casa Munras and although there were a few negative comments for the most part they were good. My husband and I decided to check it out for ourselves. It is true that rooms are small but very cozy and bed was super comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had recently been remodeled. Our room did face the pool but that wasn't a problem because no one was using it. I can see how it would get loud there in the summer. We had a corner room on the second floor and we loved it! They serve an excellent breakfast in their restaurant and we ate there 3 mornings. There is a Denny's across the street and although it was cheaper and they have a much larger menu, we preferred the food and ambiance of the hotel restaurant. Staff in lobby and in restaurant were very friendly and courteous. The location is great because it's very close to downtown and all the historic buildings. They did have a holiday special going so we received a 30% discount on the room which made it very reasonably priced. We stayed there on December 15 - December 19. I would definitely recommend Casa Munras and will stay there again on our next visit to Monterey.

Room Tip: Corner room nice because only 1 room next to it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay and for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our resaturant. Though Esteban is known for its tapas dinner menu, and happy hour, Esteban is one of Monterey's best kept breakfast secrets. I highly reccommend the Spanish Benedict with Tasso Ham, & Chili Hollandaise on a house made Cheddar Cilantro Biscuit. We hope you will stay and dine with us again.Stay posted for our new Breakfast Package coming soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

It was in an excellent location and one of the best hotels I stayed in on my 3 week driving tour of California. The check in staff were friendly, informative and overall very helpful - they gave us maps and leaflets and explained things to do in the local area and provided directions. The room was small but clean and recently decorated.... very contemporary. The beds were slightly hard but I suppose that is down to personal preference, I was still able to sleep so it didn't matter. Maids came in and cleaned every day. I would definitely stay here again. It was in walking distance to the town and I really liked the area but the downside was all restaurants and bar including the one in the hotel closed at 10pm. Free cookies and newspapers were provided to guests :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica N
sabrinajs, Front Office Manager at Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am very happy to hear that the Casa Munras was one of the best hotels you stayed in during your three weeks in California. All of our front desk staff are very knowledgeable about the area and are happy to provide our guests with concierge services. Though we do not have an ocean view, our location is very convenient to downtown Monterey, Fishermans Wharf and the convention center. Please come back and see us again, or for an ocean view try one of our sister properties on Cannery Row: The Monterey Bay Inn or Spindrift Inn.