We have stayed at several hotels in the Monterey area but had never stayed here before. We were looking for a place close to downtown and close to our son's home. I checked out the reviews on Casa Munras and although there were a few negative comments for the most part they were good. My husband and I decided to check it out for ourselves. It is true that rooms are small but very cozy and bed was super comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had recently been remodeled. Our room did face the pool but that wasn't a problem because no one was using it. I can see how it would get loud there in the summer. We had a corner room on the second floor and we loved it! They serve an excellent breakfast in their restaurant and we ate there 3 mornings. There is a Denny's across the street and although it was cheaper and they have a much larger menu, we preferred the food and ambiance of the hotel restaurant. Staff in lobby and in restaurant were very friendly and courteous. The location is great because it's very close to downtown and all the historic buildings. They did have a holiday special going so we received a 30% discount on the room which made it very reasonably priced. We stayed there on December 15 - December 19. I would definitely recommend Casa Munras and will stay there again on our next visit to Monterey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Authentic. Historic Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is located in the Old-Town heart of the picturesque coastal town of Monterey. True to its Spanish heritage, this hacienda-inspired hotel embraces its outdoor spaces while beckoning guests to the warm comforts of their living quarters. A short stroll to Historic Old Monterey or the world famous Fisherman's Wharf, Casa Munras Hotel & Spa is ideally located near many of the Central California region's most visited attractions - coastal California at its best. Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa strives to offer a personalized experience tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Whether traveling on business or enjoying a well-deserved vacation, the Casa Munras Hotel & Spa offers a wide array of amenities to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Guests can "sip, savor and share" Spanish-inspired tapas at the hotel's on-property restaurant, Estéban Restaurant. Serving traditional dishes with a pinch of adventure, Estéban Restaurant is the ideal place for a sit down dinner or socializing with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Casa Munras
- Larkspur Collection Monterey
- Casa Munras Garden Hotel