When traveling through Monterey, we decided to stay at Casa Munras. We had heard the restaurant, Esteban, had a great tapas happy hour.
We got a room in the back. Parking was a bit of a problem for a motel where you park in front of your door. When we went out later in the evening, we had to park a couple of aisles away from where our room was in a dark parking lot. In high heels, it was a bit of a trek.
Our room was small but charming. Think B&B instead of hotel. The bathroom was in need of a remodel but had good products stocked.
The bed was comfy. We didn't watch tv in the room because the tv was really close to the bed and there was no where else in the room to sit and see it.
When I got dressed for the evening, it was difficult to see in the mirror to make sure my outfit was ok.
Esteban is definitely a happening place with cheap tapas prices at Happy Hour. Great service too! Outside seating with heaters when it's cool out is a nice feature.
The pool area is a bit 60's motor court looking but we didn't use it.
Casa Munras is perfectly servicable but not as special as I had hoped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Authentic. Historic Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is located in the Old-Town heart of the picturesque coastal town of Monterey. True to its Spanish heritage, this hacienda-inspired hotel embraces its outdoor spaces while beckoning guests to the warm comforts of their living quarters. A short stroll to Historic Old Monterey or the world famous Fisherman's Wharf, Casa Munras Hotel & Spa is ideally located near many of the Central California region's most visited attractions - coastal California at its best. Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa strives to offer a personalized experience tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Whether traveling on business or enjoying a well-deserved vacation, the Casa Munras Hotel & Spa offers a wide array of amenities to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Guests can "sip, savor and share" Spanish-inspired tapas at the hotel's on-property restaurant, Estéban Restaurant. Serving traditional dishes with a pinch of adventure, Estéban Restaurant is the ideal place for a sit down dinner or socializing with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Casa Munras
- Larkspur Collection Monterey
- Casa Munras Garden Hotel