My wife and I got the room on Priceline by bidding and they accepted our offer of about $70, which I wish they hadn't. Check-in went smoothly but we were somewhat unimpressed with the room, as it had no carpet and gave the impression of a drab room in a Victorian-style home. The location was great but we had a dreadful night of sleep due to some VERY LOUD people on the floor above us. Sound definitely gets magnified, as the walls seem quite thin. I also didn't understand why they don't use a tight-fitting sheet to cover the mattress like everybody does...the sheet covering the mattress was just like a loose-fitting top sheet.
I might also add that the wine and cheese reception is pretty self-explanatory, so don't think it's going to be anything fancy. When it came time for checkout, I stood there silently for something like 5 minutes while the front desk woman, Mary, checked me out. Having worked hotel front desk before, I would strongly suggest to management that they hurry up the checkout process and try to have more of a personal touch if someone is just standing there waiting.
When we got home, I found that they had charged MY card for the room instead of the Priceline card even though we'd already paid for the room through Priceline! I'm still trying to get it ironed out with the hotel and it's leaving a very bad taste in my mouth about the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western