We stayed three nights and visited all the nearby attractions with ease. We actually used the BIKE PATH as a main artery to get around. It's one street down from the Victorian, towards Cannery Row, and was an outstanding way to navigate to the Aquarium, shopping, or all the way to the Fisherman's Wharf area and shopping & restaurants in that direction too. We walked the bike path to check out Dennis the Menace Park also. Anyway, the Victorian Inn was wonderful. Not that HUGE intimidating giant hotel feeling - just a very nice atmosphere. We also made darn sure we were there every afternoon for wine and cheese between 4 - 6 p.m. It was our favorite thing about coming back to the hotel after a busy day; plus the award winning Ventana Chardonnay is outstanding in our opinion. We used the fireplace too when it was a little chilly one evening. Otherwise, we sat outside in the courtyard "patio" as a relaxing end to our day. We're not "world travelers" but the two of us really enjoyed our stay. The staff especially gets a Five Star rating for helpfulness. We would definitely return. We met people there that had been coming back again for years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western