I stayed here for two nights and to start off we were upgraded since it was our second time staying here. We ended up getting a suite which had to shower heads and a jacuzzi. The view from our balcony was a bit of a disappointment because all we could see was a big tree and you have to stand up to barely see anything else. It was on the third (top) floor so we could see the water and the courtyard area but if it wasn't for that tree would could have seen more. It was nice waking up both mornings and hearing the Sea Lions in the distance and a tiny bit of the water. The hotel grounds are a bit confusing. From our building we have to walk outside to go to the ice machine and use our key to get back into the same building. The main office and the breakfast area is in what looked liked at one time was a old Victorian house which was a great feeling walking into it every time.
The room itself was huge!! It had very tall ceilings, fireplace below the TV, huge desk, huge bed, a bit small sink area but plenty of space to move about. Also on our first day we received a free bottle of wine which made our stay even better!
Now the parking situation is a bit of a downer. First getting into the parking garage is a very steep driveway so if you have a low car its almost impossible getting in and out of it and its $13 to park which doesn't make any sense since we are already paying for the room. Although being so close to the tourist areas it is cheap and on your last day you are able to park there until 4pm.
The Best Western Plus Victorian Inn is a great place to stay if your visiting Cannery Row and other areas. It doesn't cost a lot compared to the other hotels in the area and you still are able to experience being near the water even though its two blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western