Nice place within a couple of blocks of cannery row. The wine and cheese evening reception was nice and the free breakfast was better than expected. The staff were very friendly and helpful and provided a couple of nice extra when they found out it was my birthday. They were much better than you typically find these days. Rooms have a nice gas fireplace, beds are pretty comfortable, and there's free wifi. Parking is $13 for the night which is cheaper than you'll find in the neighborhood in general. (People have mentioned that street parking is available if you want to deal with the hassles of parking meters, but I can't see that being cost/time effective.) As for "value" at $229/night this seems kind of high in general, however, remember that you're in California where most everything if over-priced and you're in a tourist district so what you're paying for is the location near cannery row--and you get the wine and cheese reception and a decent breakfast so those count towards the value too. If you want to stay cheaper there are $90 hotels downtown or further away. But we thought this was a pretty good place for a romantic weekend birthday getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western