Our premium room was beautifully furnished and had an excellent king bed. The bathroom was large with twin hand basins and had the most complicated set of taps for the shower I have ever seen. There was also a west facing balcony as big as the room. When you opened the balcony door it flooded the room with light. Wifi was free and good. Parking was not free, which surprised me as there appears to be no other way to get there unless you drove a car. It must never get hot in Monterey as there was no airconditioning that I could find but the room did have a large gas fire place with imitation logs. On a cold night it would be very romantic. There was also another heater in the room. Between 4.30 and 5.30 the hotel put on cheese and wine which I understand to be a daily occurrence, it was a nice touch. I sat on the balcony in the afternoon sun and could not think of a more pleasant place to be. Breakfast was included in the tariff. It was described as continental but it had eggs (hard boiled and cold or made into what was like and egg pancake) sausages, cereal, two juices, 3 coffees, choice of toast and and a choice of muffins.. There was also something else that may have been American Biscuits (scones) but I did not try them. Everything was fresh and well presented. The hotel itself was immaculate and appeared to be well managed. I would happily return. Location was a 3 minute walk to Cannery Row.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the tranquility of a seaside vacation when you stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn. Bike along scenic coastal shores, kayak in the bay, sample some of the world's best wines, go whale watching, or picnic and fly kites on sun drenched beaches. Explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the unique shops and restaurants along Cannery Row, all within walking distance of our intimate hotel. Rest in accommodations with in-room marble fireplaces, and private patios, balconies or window seats where you can soak up ocean breezes. Our charming Central Coast property offers oversized guestrooms and suites perfect for couples, families and other groups, with full-sized living rooms, and sleeper sofas. All guests enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception featuring award-winning wines, daily. Soak up the serenity of the sea and explore the best of California's Central Coast when you plan your next escape, from wine tastings, to bike rentals, pet pampering and beach side weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Victorian Hotel Monterey
- Best Western Victorian Hotel
- Best Western Monterey
- Monterey Best Western