“Very Nice!”

Best Western Plus Victorian Inn
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Clean and inviting Inn which looks more like condos with balconies and much foliage. Great location just a couple short blocks to Cannery Row. Ended up spending 2 nights instead of one. Very nice room...well appointed. Front desk staff were super friendly and helpful with walking maps etc. gratis wine and cheese every afternoon and btw the wine was good!

Room Tip: Enjoyed a king size room with glimpse of the ocean....ask for AAA rate
1  Thank Lili R
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Victorian Inn

997 - 1,003 of 1,778 reviews

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very nice room w/ fireplace for great price in Monterey through Bookings.com. Good continental breakfast. Parking in garage was $13 which I don't like, but otherewise it is close to Cannery Row and downtown.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent one night at the Best Western Victorian Inn when we took our 5-year-old grandson to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The inn is just one block off Cannery Row and an easy walk to the aquarium. It is also an easy walk to the businesses on Lighthouse Avenue. Our room had two double beds and two small tables with chairs...very comfortable. I liked that we had a sink outside the bathroom as well as another one inside the bathroom. This made it easy for all of us to get ready. A very nice breakfast is included. Parking cost $13. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was very quiet.
3  Thank Maryellen_11
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While there are lots of more expensive places in Monterey, this is the place we choose to stay. The rooms are large and clean, the fireplaces are a really nice touch and the hotel is in the perfect location ...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here on our roadtrip down route 1 and everything about the hotel was superb. Excellent location brilliant accomodation and staff that went out of their way to be welcoming and offer assistance.
If we return to Monteray we would not stay any where else!

Room Tip: We sayed on the top floor and had two rooms which were both excellent
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jagsUk
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I planned a 2 day get away with my 2 children and checked in my room at 2pm .about 545pm half the block pg&e went out due to a sea gull flying into a transformer.i understand it was no ones fault but it was an inconvienence because my 1yr old got extremly fussy and I couldnt even shower & dress for dinner reservation on time due to us not being able to see in the dark.so we had to leave in the clothes we wore all day.then later that night about 9pm we returned to r room and the electricity was back on so I decided to give myself and my 1yr old a bath while bathing some sort of black stuff began comming out of the over flow drain into the bathtub OMG! HOW NASTY &UNSANITARY! It looked like some thing had been burned then put in the water.i called down stairs they sent up the maintenence guy.he couldnt fix the prob & explained its happened a few other times and believes its a pluming issue.so then me and my children had to pack up into another room wich was a headache because I was sooo tired from driving 3hours to get there & walking around at the aquarium and later walking to go eat dinner.i just wanted to bathe and go to sleep.i was offered 75$off of my 209$ wich I accepted .then the morning I was leaving the water was shut off .i was told to fix a valve .then at check out I was over charged 25$ and i caught it after signing and had to go back and show them then they adjusted it.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Lynne12345678
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hi,

We just spent a one night at this place, and personally, I feel it is a good place to stay as it is conveniently located, good breakfast for a "Best Western" style hotel, and friendly staff.

We stayed in two of the rooms on the third floor since we had our 9 months son traveling with us so I wanted a quiet room, a bit away from the elevators. The rooms were comfy and nicely appointed although the bathroom seem a bit out dated. The fireplace was a nice addition as it added a little something extra to the cozy room.

Unfortunately, although the outside noise was kept to an absolute minimum due to the location of our rooms (303 and 304), the in-room heater noise was too much for my father-in-law as he could not get much sleep throughout the night.

No, the noise was not super loud. However, with way that these gas furnace heater work can be annoying for light sleepers.

The review would be a solid 4 star and if not for this heater noise issue for my father-in-law.

It would be nice if these HVAC systems can be upgraded in the future so light sleepers can get a better night of sleep..

Overall, I would still recommend it if you are not a light sleeper.